• Bernie Sanders (I.,Vt.),
  • Cory Booker (D., New Jersey)
  • Sheldon Whitehouse, (D, R.I.)
2 Likes

I see. I did not know who is Whitehouse though so I could not predict him :joy:

2 Likes

BRUH, for a minute I thought they were being pressured by the actual whitehouse

1 Like

Considering the amount of goodwill Microsoft accumulated as of late, the pushback against this acquisition might backfire. Especially if the employees are happy.

Do one for Koei Tecmo and Capcom, if you would be so kind :slightly_smiling_face:

capcom is done and will be shared at a later date…I will do koei tecmo though

Yeah, at first glance of the headline somewhere I was like ‘Woah, they got the big house’ … :rofl: Nope, just some Politician.

1 Like

Why at a later date? Can’t today be the date

cos I don’t want to derail the current convo

1 Like

The most important thing to not ancidentally leak it on twitter :joy:

1 Like

Whitehouse is actually a pretty great Senator, and one of the few who’s pushed against dark money in politics and for accountability for a certain administration’s illegalities. I’d argue all of the four are good-to-great… but at the end of the day, with this specific issue it’s absolutely grandstanding more than anything of value. As you all have mentioned, Microsoft was rated the best corporation to work for and they’ve had documented success in mitigating the issues that exist at ABK, so it’s in the workers’ best interests for the deal to go through… pretending otherwise is a poor usage of political theater that would actually succeed in the opposite of their intent.

5 Likes

Acquisitions and speculation on Xbox acquisitions is always “the current convo”. If you’re suggesting “insider knowledge”, that’s a different thing entirely and would warn that we take a strike-rule against false insiders :wink:

1 Like

I am also confused why they are pressuring the FTC, because it is almost certain they will do an investigation just due to the sheer size of the acquisition.

dude I am an insider, why else would I post to 4chan claiming to be one :disguised_face:

but I was refering to the one about the 4 senators

3 Likes

good senators (excluding Booker) imo grandstanding…

A little concerned for Cyber Connect 2 after finding out about Shueisha opening up their own game studio. Do you think that this could possibly affect the studio? Since they did many licensed games based on Shueisha`s titles.

Additionally, can someone explain their history with Xbox? I know that they are on friendly terms but i was just wondering about it.

Also, might i say that this came as a surprised and may be opening the door for more Japanese publishers and development studios:

2 Likes

U.S. Antitrust Chiefs Pledge Crackdown on Gatekeeper Tech Giants (bloombergquint.com)

Hopefully this is more targeted at Facebook, Amazon, Apple and Google.

Some extracts:

Jonathan Kanter, the head of the Justice Department’s antitrust division, speaking during a conference in Brussels Thursday, said acquisitions of nascent rivals by larger players should be closely scrutinised because such deals over time risk weakening competition in the economy. “The plain text of our merger laws in the United States demand that we have aggressive enforcement against acquisitions by firms that already possess a dominant position,” Kanter said.

… … Federal Trade Commission Chair Lina Khan called the law “a landmark proposal to promote fair access to markets controlled by digital gatekeepers.”

Welp, that convo seems to be over so here is my 2nd favourite publisher and the publisher acquisition which would make me the most excited cos game pass would suddenly become clouted, Capcom

11 Likes

2 Likes