Xbox Acquisition |OT5| Talking Exclusively About Xbox Acquisitions

Hmmm, I just had an idea for a topic.

Not as complicated as you make it out to be.

Let’s save it for a different thread. Gimme a sec.

I’ll buy a 3rd party cookie now and have 20 1st party ones in 2025 :wink:

Crossover Thread.

That purchase is part of the long game for Xbox. We will see the impact of it over the course of the next 10-20 years.

1 Like

There’s literally nothing Xbox can buy short term that will make you happy. It takes years for games to be made and buying a ready made publisher that has TEN THOUSAND employees is literally the fastest way to get Xbox games quickly.

14 Likes

MS wizards can make the hyperbolic time chamber but they won’t :roll_eyes:

Lol Prog, you’ll be taken care of I promise. Do you see how many times a month either Jez or Grubb will leak some crazy ass game in development from another independent studio. We just got word that we’re getting a Monster Hunter clone on top of Project Dragon, Wu Tang, Belfry, Indus, and whatever else. You will have plenty to play homie in the coming years

Regarding Japanese presence, a relatively easy way for Xbox would be to help Tango expand into multiple teams and fund projects that are diverse.

This would be more of a long-term plan though.

6 Likes

I believe Tango has already said they are 3 teams working on 3 projects.

IDK WB Games would at least have several games in the pipeline that weren’t CoD.

Like I get Acti-Blizz is that long 5-10 years down the line play, but divorcing CoD from all those devs, making the new games and fixing everything will take time.

What are the three projects again?

• Ghostwire Tokyo
  • Evil Within 3?
  • Another smaller game?

Pretty much, Evil within 3 isnt confirmed but that director is working on his next game, which could be EW3 or something else.

2 Likes

I think in the short term we should be more than covered with games from across XGS, Bethesda, and Publishing. Plus maybe 2-3 from Blizzard depending.

1 Like

If they do go after wb they should focus on getting at least a Batman license for rocksteady.

1 Like

It’s almost like Xbox didn’t have an amazing lineup of studios before the Activision Blizzard acquisition.

We’ve got one last first party drought to deal with, you can make it.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/HazzadorGamin/status/1487020679342206977?s=20&t=9tdJwX0JmQJSRxkGnYEmuw

The plan seems to be already working and the deal hasn’t gone through yet.

9 Likes

Please, don’t keep dominating the topic with this. You know the answer already. Short-term they add value to Game Pass with deals, long-term they do acquisitions.

16 Likes