Xbox Acquisition |OT4| It's Acquisition Season for Xbox with $69 Billion deal, NICE!

Is this a tease that Microsoft is buying Breaking Benjamin?:wink:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/981334875188809728

Playstation is ruthless always has been when ask about Spiderman coming to Xbox they said Never Xbox need to be more ruthless no more mr. nice guy

5 Likes

I mean, I don’t mind Xbox studios and PR (most of it at least) not getting involved in the console war shenanigans. Gets kinda cringey.

Although, would laugh if sharing CoD with PlayStation gets us multiplat Insomniac Marvel games. A double acquisition!

Im fine with doing a COD for Spiderman trade but they already Said Never so lol

2 Likes

probably the reason why EA would be good purchase.

Anybody can post the link to OT5 please?

Like pearl abyss?

1 Like

What if Microsoft starts by placing investments into EA and take two? Like owning 40 percent of both companies.

MS doesnt really… do much partial investing. They liike to own 100% so they control everything the company does.

40 % ? No way

They will pay billions until they get at least like 10 % of the shares and this is not worth it

They can invest this amount of money and even less and get a whole lot of studios

1 Like

So with the ABK Aquisition including MLG, whats gonna happen with Smash.gg? Ive searched through their twitter, and theyre still active and hiring occasionally through microsoft careers, but they dont really seem to be doing much or integrating/collaborating with other gaming companies at microsoft.

They can’t answer with a major Japanese acquisition because they’ve forfeited the region to Nintendo and companies like Capcom and possibly even Square Enix won’t accept losing out on the Japanese market and Western part of the market that plays Japanese games on Switch. Yes, both of those companies release plenty of games NOT on Switch, but also make massive bank FROM Switch (MH Rise, Square’s Switch exclusive launches like DQ11S which STILL CHARTS IN JAPAN SALES!!!, Octopath, Bravely, and soon Triangle Strategy all sell very good on Switch). They are in no way needing to sell to Sony and have nothing to gain from that.

Sega also has been massively stating the importance of multiplat development for the past many years. They are in no way needing to sell to Sony. PC is actually a more important platform for them than PlayStation at this point. They had no problem handing Western PSO2 to Microsoft because that aligned with their PC strategy nicely. They are literally ending the Judgment series because actor shenanigans are making a PC release impossible, but Sega wants it on PC.

Any Western major publisher is… lol, Sony cannot afford this, and with how Xbox is looking to start dominating the West soon, none of these will be needing to sell to Sony.

I am not worried about Sony “responding” with a major acquisition because either nobody major will want to sell to them or they can’t afford it.

I keep making posts like this because I am assuring everyone that there really is no worry here. Sony cannot simply “respond” to this because none of these companies are for sale. Sony cannot just walk into Capcom with 5 billion dollars and say “We own you now.” Capcom wouldn’t accept it. Acti and Bethesda WANTED to sell.

I know it’s dragging off topic but if I were running Sony my move would be a push for WB Game Studios without the IP and then double down on my own IP and the Marvel IP.

lol MS could easily buy another publisher.

2 Likes

Even if Sony did try something huge in response Microsoft could simply outbid them whether the FTC would approve or not. They could literally pay any company more to not be bought than Sony could to buy them. You think MS would let Sony purchase Take-Two even if they could afford it? Nah, here’s 3 billion more to keep making games on our platform. We don’t even want to buy you. Obviously it wouldn’t play out like that, but Microsft have the kind of money to throw the middle finger and disrupt any attempt by Sony to make a similar move.

1 Like

So I know a lot of people have been talking about xbox buying Crystal dynamics and eidos from square but what if they were able to get the developers without the IP? so they buy these 2 studios but no tomb raider or deus ex but they now can either work on a new IP or one of the many dormant IP’s xbox now owns. Crystal on Pit fall perhaps?

3 Likes

They do have plenty of IP and you already have Crystal Dynamics working on Perfect Dark, if it goes well then why not let them continue that franchise. As far as Eidos, why not commission them for a superhero game or you could let them revive Shadowrun in a Deus Ex style dark RPG.

1 Like

I didn’t even know that EA made a proposal in 2008 to buy Take Two for $2B when their market cap was $1.29B (that they ultmately rejected but they wanted more).

And MS bought ABK for nearly $70B some days ago. And Take Two would certainly cost 35 or 40 billion today.

lol.

2 Likes

I absolutely think it could work, but I think AT A MINIMUM Xbox would try to get Tomb Raider. That’s an IP with a long lineage that could bolster Game Pass numbers, used for multimedia purposes, obviously iconic, and has Microsoft heritage (mostly through Rise of the Tomb Raider).

Like I’ve said before, Deus Ex seems to be a super cult classic and only gets mentioned in forums, but I don’t think it’d be a deal breaker if it didn’t come with. At that point though, I don’t know why Square wouldn’t try selling all of it then (unless there’s some legal hurdles with Hitman).

2 Likes

I think they would love to get them with or without the IP. As you said, there’s plenty of IP for them to work with and/or create something new.

2 Likes