Xbox Acquisition |OT4| It's Acquisition Season for Xbox with $69 Billion deal, NICE!

Pretty much this

I mean, they got Tango Gameworks and knowing how Xbox will be operating they’ll most likely turn them into a 2/3 team project.

All the teams they’ve acquired are going to have split teams as well. It’s starting to come to the point where its impossible to tell what will be in development. That is of course, if Anti-trust doesn’t block the Activision | Blizzard | King acquisition.

If they get a japanese publisher in 2024 I won’t ask for anything more, I promise. XD

Outside 2nd party partners “on audition”.

So what JP publisher you want assume they want to sell ? For me anyone from big 4

X

Okay, buy SEGA.

but honestly with Crash and Spyro under their belt there really isn’t a need for Sonic is there?

Yakuza is awesome but its already multiplatform. Xbox may as well just pay to be the preferred advertisement partner for all the future Yakuza and Sonic games + continue the SEGA Europe day 1 Game Pass deals like they have been doing.

I already feel as though Xbox is going to outsell PlayStation just with the casuals alone, what hardcore Japanese dev team will want to miss out on the massive potential of the Xbox audience.

my predictions for Xbox game pass is 100 million by the end of the generation, Xbox console sales around 80-100 million units.

…Xbox owns Call of Duty.

3 Likes

7 Likes

Sonic plays very different from the rest of platformers

1 Like

And there hasn’t been a good Sonic 3d game since Generations, FPS boost now available on Xbox Series X|S :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We would see this Sonic frontier game could be very good.

Sega not only about Sonic though I’m sure @NierlyCrazy want to see Atlus get dragged down to release games on Xbox

1 Like

If you take a look at the top 20 best sellers in 2020 and 2021 I think it’s clear who they should be targeting next (outside of Nintendo and PS):

2021: Nintendo - 5, EA - 3, Activision - 2, Ubisoft - 2, WB - 2, Sony - 2, Xbox - 2, T2 - 1, Capcom - 1.

2020: Nintendo - 4, Sony - 4, Activision - 3, EA - 2, WB - 2, SE - 2, Ubisoft - 1, T2 - 1, Bandai - 1.

1 Like

Xbox should just go for Bandai Namco and pay for the Anime licenses on games if they wanna bring in some casual Japanese and international gamers to the Xbox audience. Give them extra time to polish their games and hope for the best, they would also get PACMAN and other classic Namco properties that they could utilize on mobile devices.

That’s my take for Japan, wanna bring in the 3 billion goal? gotta have those casual games.

1 Like

Sonic is probably the least interesting part of Sega (IMO)

It’s not even a necessary purchase anymore. The thing with Xbox having Call of Duty is that now Xbox could potentially be back to the xbox 360 days where even niche Japanese games still came to Xbox just due to the user install base.

once cloud gaming is up and running everyone is gonna be playing call of duty over Xbox cloud gaming, a service that works pretty well so far. they are going to have a massive playerbase as is.

Call of Duty could be Xbox exclusive

The Elder Scrolls 6 is Xbox exclusive

Halo is Xbox exclusive

The Xbox has enough titles to bring in a massive casual fanbase. If call of duty becomes exclusive or the primary advertisement partner and Game Pass or whatever, they’ll win the console race just based of unit sales alone.

Call of duty is the best selling game every year for over a decade.

1 Like

If Microsoft wants to shock the Japan market they’ll go after Capcom. Monster Hunter is so huge in that market and that game is also massive in the western market too. Also can’t forget it will mess up fighting game landscape too since street fighter is the main event for the FGC. Also, they have so many great IPs that sell well in both western and Asia market

2 Likes

man people would tag shinji mikami to work on RE again :phil_lmao: :phil_lmao:

Agreed. Capcom covers fighters, action, horror and RPGs. Over the last two days I have changed my tune. I think they are a better play especially with Resident Evil and MH actually doing well on Xbox and doing great on PC. Their games sell well around the world and more importantly it would make GP a must have for Japan. Something you can’t say with Sega.

I have cooled off on SE because for all the online talk I don’t thing JRPG players are abandoning Sony for Xbox just for FF and DQ.

4 Likes

When it comes to Japanese publishers, I think SE is willing to sell for the right price.

2 Likes

Their output has been insane in the past 5 years. I doubt they’re selling, but if they do you have to be all over it

3 Likes

it’s tough to choice,

Sega you get RTS, JRPGs and Platformer. also Sega dreamcast backlog IPs

Capcom you get fighting genre, action, horror, big service game (MHW) and RPG (dragon dogma)

both of them have what MS needs

4 Likes

i think this or Capcom is what would hurt Sony the most in terms of JP publishers.

2 Likes

Sega , but expecting any of the big JP guys to cut themselves off from Nintendo hardware is unrealistic.

Get Tabata’s JP Games. Maybe get Itagaki Games too and grow that. That man would probably let MS acquire his studio for free lmao.

2 Likes