Xbox Acquisition |OT4| It's Acquisition Season for Xbox with $69 Billion deal, NICE!

So you guys think that an Xbox acquisition would result in the talent quitting?

I do, as the talent doesnt work with Xbox. Talking about the Japanese side here. All the fanbase is on PS.

Talent doesn’t work on Xbox because of deals signed at the top.

The fan base being on PS could be a problem, but if I’m Xbox I am going to take that gamble. That’s what xCloud is for.

MS wont though due to it being a very expensive, logistical nightmare

The smart move is what MS are doing, getting the western side in time

Yeah, when talking about acquisitions of public companies the only thing that matter is money.

This is where all stockholders cash in their money. The future owner of the company doesn’t matter as the shareholders won’t get returns from the company in the future.

This is why, for exemple, Codemasters went from T2 to EA in a matter of days. EA offered more money so they acquired Codemasters.

It depends, because if the key staff who hold some power at the higher ups is against, then yes, it can cause, another issue is if the devs are ok, but the management is not, you wouldn’t want to have them in both cases because they could go erratic.

1 Like

Damn i guess that explains why shinji mikami and everyone at tango quit. oh wait

1 Like

The stockholders have no say in this, its the director’s, president, studio heads etc.

TIL Satya had a great partnership with the CEO and Board of LinkedIn lol.

I think that’s true for smaller and privately owned studios btw. but at a certain point it is all about money.

2 Likes

Lol, is this the Square version of the “Bethesda having a mass exodus after MS acquisition” BS?

5 Likes

What? The shareholders are the sole responsible for this matter, that’s why aggressive takeovers happen.

It becomes a hostile takeover: the management doesn’t agree, but stockholders sells their shares for the highest bid until the buyer becomes the owner of the company. This is what nearly happened with Ubisoft years ago as Vivendi was increasing their shares against the will of the management until they reached an agreement to sell out to other investors and canadian funds.

1 Like

Both sides MS and Square, wouldnt come to any agreement, they are too far apart.

For many reasons, some ive stated

Exactly.

I can’t say for him, but the western side was the only thing SE cared about bringing to Xbox and Gamepass.

1 Like

SE selling West to MS could happen. Its been a huge failure

There are like 5 Final Fantasy games on GP, plus Dragon Quest, Nier, Kingdom Hearts and Octopath. Pretty much every major SE franchise is on Gamepass

I think there is a bit of a risk to any Japanese acquisition by MS, it COULD go south if they don’t get a foothold in the market.

That’s why I think smaller studios might be hesitant. I think SE sees enough sales worldwide to not have those concerns though.

Most of these games were paid by MS to even port it.

1 Like

I honestly just want Xbox to get a couple more Japanese studios so we can end this nonsense.

Whether it be a publisher, Xbox making a deal to buy a studio out from another company (FromSoft/Spikechunsoft), or an independent developer I don’t care. Xbox needs to further grow their talent pool and portfolio from that region.

2 Likes