Xbox Acquisition |OT4| It's Acquisition Season for Xbox with $69 Billion deal, NICE!

I loved this one

So excited for the character animations shown

Hope they deliver

Ah, nevermind got it mixed up with the Mainframe studio and the cloud MMO.

Just looked at what kind of games Nexon publishes and I have to say, it doesn’t fill me with confidence for the end product.

Watch out for the two studios that I mentioned - they are very new, but doing something in Cloud Native Gaming that no other studio is doing. And still privately held.

• The Mainframe, and
  • Playable Worlds
1 Like

I am guessing cloud-native will be the next revolution for MMO, it would be smart of them to get in on the ground floor. It sounds like they are, at least through publishing deals.

3 Likes

Game looks wild.

Another week and surely we must have our 7 studios by now?

5 Likes

Hopefully it’s no a royale.

I love the look of that game.

1 Like

They have Machine Game and Mojang in Sweden. There is potential for them to really build out the area. If they acquire Avalanche that would be another studio in Stockholm.

1 Like

Avalanche, IOi and Mainframe.

You end up with a presence in Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Iceland. And maybe, Spain too.

Of course along with Mojnag and Machinegames in Sweden

2 Likes

There is no official news about this. They have not even announced the game yet. But Spencer did visit them to say hello :smiley:

Sweden has so many studios and devs… It’s a great place to build a hub similar to what they have in the UK.

4 Likes

Improbable looks like it might be a good buy, they seem to have some decent cloud tech and they bought midwinter and they’re private.

What’s your opinion on Dimps or even buying nWay from Animoca? Rumor now is that KI is being possibly made by one of these two.

Not a rumour. That was just like a wish list by Nick.

I hope at least one fighter dev gets acquired.

2 Likes

I wonder if MS doesn’t care about the inflation and won’t buy anything this year. They literally can spend 15b at once and return the same amount within 3 months. You would think that they would spend more…

Looks more like a platform company providing tech, and less of a studio. Although it has a studio.

Also, they seem to have run into problems with Unity previously.

Aquisition?

More like Fable remasters - is everyone’s guess.

Do you have a source?