Xbox Acquisition |OT4| It's Acquisition Season for Xbox with $69 Billion deal, NICE!

Whatever happen to that Rumor that Phil was in Poland why did we not see any Polish Game studio getting bought by MS.

1 Like

Phil was in Japan as well so … :phil_lmao:

2 Likes

Yeah he was there for Tokyo Game Show lol

Wasn’t the rumour about Techland ? Probably saw how terrible the working condition and leadership are and dropped it ?

The be fair we have a lot of japanese games on Xbox since his yearly trips to japan. Even smaller publisher like Xseed and Playism are releasing games on Xbox.

I was talking in terms of buying a studio .

I know but there wasn’t a rumour about an acquisition in japan or did I miss something ? We know that they are or were looking in Japan but I never read a name.

Xbox could tap PCF for a Gears spinoff if they wanted to pursue Hivebusters further.

1 Like

He’s not gonna buy a studio every time he travels :joy:

1 Like

There are newer kinds of gaming companies like

• The Playable Worlds
  • The Mainframe

… that might be in the fray due to the Cloud Native nature of their development and game creation style.

Small companies but might be on the table. Privately held.

1 Like

The rumours coming from Jez about that Scandinavian company working on an MMO. I thjnk this region is where MS will focus on. IOI, Nordisk etc

That would be Mainframe

I hear he also spends a lot of time in the U.S. …what could it mean?

1 Like

holy shit GIF

3 Likes

Some people collect magnets from the places they travel to and some studios.

4 Likes

Locked up till like 2026 making games for someone else. Easy pass.

I collect shot glasses lol.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/EmbarkStudios/status/1193915606225031175?s=20 :wink:

Their game: Embark Studio New Game - YouTube

8 Likes

Interesting…

That looks great. The art style gives me Star Wars vibes. And XGS is the publisher of this game right?

https://venturebeat.com/2019/08/05/nexon-will-fully-acquire-embark-studios/

3 Likes

Nope, don’t think it has anything to do with Xbox