Xbox Acquisition |OT4| It's Acquisition Season for Xbox with $69 Billion deal, NICE!

they can sell it to Disney too as they are interested in anime now a days . I mean family friendly mouse licensing ecchi anime :hot_face:

1 Like

lol oh this is awesome…between this thread and the other i was feeling so lonely. I keep hearing how great a sega aquisition would be…it be a blah one not earth shattering like se would be…i love bandai , but like sega and capcom they don’t skip xbox. The only way to end sony’s strangle hold over square is to buy all of square. I have to say all because of the western only crowd. They need to get out of their angst stop opposing this, they’d stil get their cd and eidos…we’d all win then.

6 Likes

True. Square Enix is only one publisher - out of big - that skips Xbox relatively often. Bandai and Sega don’t do that, so to solidify its position MS should by Square Enix.

2 Likes

Personally it goes 1. capcom 2. Square enix 3.sega 4.bandai not that I think anything is happening. Capcom has a great stable of IP and successful studios that produce games with a worldwide appeal. SE has FFXIV and final fantasy VII remake. Almost everything else they’ve produced in the last few years has been pretty turd Sega has great IP but their studios haven’t been doing well and it would take a good amount of money and effort to get them sorted. 4. Bandai is way too expensive for what they produce in the gaming industry

Monster Hunter World is the greatest game ever made, so yep, I agree.

1 Like

Me its square enix, bandai namco…i don’t think some of you understand bandai and its holdings. Wiki breaks it down the best. In the world they are 3rd largest toy manufacturer, it has a couple amusement parks that are indoor and have history and fame to them. They make arcade amusement machines from their ips. Sunshine prodjcion house, they make their own anime series like scarlet nexus. Then their game studios…they can sell their ip on alternate means strengthening its value. Dlnt tell me that this wouldnt interest Microsoft. Bandai has a good strateegy.

1 Like

Those all sound like negatives to me, lol.

1 Like

I agree. Xbox would get massive JRPG’s franchises(Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts) and third person adventure games with Crystal Dynamics. Plus Eidos, whose could do adventure or immersive sim games.

3 Likes

I agree with what Speshal Nick said in the Xbox era podcast 2 weeks ago. A quality sonic game that reviews very well would make Sonic just as big of a brand name as Mario. Sonic is already a household name.

And I saw a headline that the last Tomb Raider game sold only 4 million after 3 months of release which is surprising. While the franchises Sonic and Total War and Football Mnager all sold around 4 million just in the last year. FM is an annual release and Total War is near annual, while TR is not.

11 Likes

The problem is that unlike Mario, Sonic does not translate that good in 3D. Maybe they can do something akin Metroid Dread or something.

5 Likes

The thing is Microsoft won’t want to get into most of that. The best thing for Xbox that Phil did was tie the gaming side into the cloud which is the core of Microsoft. All that other stuff Bandai does is about as far as you can get from what Microsoft is as a company

MS would try to buy only gaming part. Like Sega corp. in Sega Sammy for example.

Don’t want to be a downer, but that statement is (in my opinion) far from truth. We are now seeing almost 40 years of critically acclaimed, quality Mario Games. Just one good sonic game, isn’t going to elevate it to the same level as Mario.

13 Likes

Yeah ofcourse. not questioning that. What I mean is a great Sonic game would be a huge hit. Streamers playing it plus a strong marketing campaign and Sonic’s popularity would lead to massive sales.

3 Likes

Not talking about best… But what I want

Dream Naruto IP

I think you misread that. All 3 of those franchises sold around 4 million each in the last year according to Sega’s financial reports. And I only singled out the last tomb raider game as a measure of its current popularity.

And I agree with you and others its hard to make a quality sonic game. But I do believe if MS gets the sonic IP they would do a lot more with it than Sega.

4 Likes

Even with the IP, anime games are almost always average at best.

Idk though they have not done much with banjo

1 Like

A great Sonic game could be great for Xbox.

But “as big as Mario”??? Wow, that’s hyperbolic. I’m not sure you and Nick get how big Mario is…

1 Like

The thing with Mario is people buy in droves simply because it is another Nintendo’s game.