Xbox Acquisition |OT4| It's Acquisition Season for Xbox with $69 Billion deal, NICE!

Yep even if a xbox version were to be released right now there would be almost no servers to join at least in the NA data centers. This is also without the volume of returning players that will show up when the next expansion hits at the end of the month.

1 Like

A se partnership Announcement incoming lol i,wouldnt be surprised if bandai, tepco, and capcom arecin talks to. Lol. According to destin he said while no exclusivity the sega partnership means games wont skip xbox.

Also sara bon awesome she’d be phil’s sucessor for sure.

Well we all can see that Microsoft and SEGA are closer together than they were a day ago, but yeah this could be anything but base level is it’s them using Azure to power their development of games, all the way to this is the start of the blossoming partnership to bigger things.

I would say though apparently Japan was hit HARD by covid in the sense of working from home because their systems are all old and aren’t very modern that would allow work from home, so I can see this as a big tech upgrade for SEGA that will allow them to use every remote work tech Microsoft has under their belt like Azure, Game Stack, MS365 and Teams.

If the partnership goes well into the future then the purchase of SEGA is even more likely than before.

2 Likes

The countdown to Sega joining Xbox begins now

Laugh Plotting GIF by Big Brother

19 Likes

This must be what Grubb was talking about a few months ago when he said he’d heard a western company was making a large investment in a Japanese company.

14 Likes

According to some here, it began years ago.

4 Likes

lmaooooooooooooooo

2 Likes

It’s time for Atlus to appear on Xbox.

MS should bring Bamco and Nintendo into that alliance.

1 Like

I guess that TES Total War is a real possibility now?

8 Likes

Would be actually quite cool. Probably.

4 Likes

Would be great.

MS certainly can dig into other genres for their IPs. Like Gears with Gears tactics. They can also make RTS. With Halo they had RTS. TES can also become RTS while Fallout will go classic route with tactics.

Relic doesn’t have enough people for all those RTS though :joy:

1 Like

Acquire Relic and CA pump them with money.

1 Like

Now that I think about, they can ask Paradox to develop 4X based on Halo IP - with Flood, ancient humanity and forerunners :rofl: Something like Stellaris.

2 Likes

One thing is sure, they have a TON of potential in their hands.

I disagree.
I’m not saying there wouldn’t be some hype around the DreamCast back catalog, but it reminds me of the “massive hype” around Shenmue 3 way back when. The people interested in this kind of stuff are pretty much limited to small vocal minority that tend to be way over-represented on message boards and fan sites.

And frankly, I think the value of a back catalogue of games more than a few years old is really over-stated in general. These games are often on sale for peanuts during sales, and the kinds of people who want to play them have generally acquired them already. Adding old games to Game Pass makes for “hey that’s neat” window dressing for the service, but I don’t think they move the needle at all.

I think what moves the needle for Game Pass is primarily Day 1 AAA titles, but also critically/commercially successful indie games in the first ~2 years of release and critically/commercially successful AAA games in the first ~4 years of release.

The problem with Shenmue 3 is that it was just not a good game in the end.

I’m not sure anyone outside the companies knows all of the terms of the agreement yet. Sounds like Jez, Brad Sams and Grubb may know a bit.

Azure is quite the leverage though. If Microsoft wants to negotiate discounted or “free” server usage and support in exchange for other types of partnerships (e.g Game Pass, exclusive content, etc.), they could really set Game Pass up for massive success. Only Amazon (with AWS) could really compete with that.

1 Like

problem with Shenmue 3 is that only 20 people cared and it got sold to the public as this massive Sony coup on that E3 and that people died to play it.