Xbox Acquisition |OT4| It's Acquisition Season for Xbox with $69 Billion deal, NICE!

Love the mention of King’s Quest. Bring back Sierra. There must be some old timers at xbox that remembers Gabriel Knight. We need a sequel!

4 Likes

Maybe they will finally make modern reimaginings of Acti’s old Atari classics. Hey, a guy can dream… I would also settle for a true ‘Retro’ section on Gamepass that has said classics in it.

2 Likes

I wonder if they plan to slow down with acquisitions for another two years :smiley:

the most likely ones soon are:

IOI (all games on gamepass and exclusive agreements…) Paradox (victoria 3 will be 99% on gamepass; plus they are not doing well) Sega (all games are on gamepass is as if it were…)

1 Like

Ive literally was the first guy in the Xbox discord who said MS would start buying publishers

1 Like

I think it will depend on the degree of the acquisition. A one off studio like an asobo or io would be fine, I could even see the top end being the collection of studios from WB. But if you mean something larger like another major publisher then I would agree.

My friend, you are basically an oracle at this point :phil_lmao:

9 Likes

Go back to my time on the discord or Resetera or Neogaf where i was getting banned for saying MS would acquire a publisher?

After Bethesda, nobody expected MS to do this.

Amusing you remember my posts though, cause i dont even know who you are.

I just don’t think you can claim that you predicted this. At least not after you wrote about 50 times the last 3 months, that you don’t think anything big is going to happen.

2 Likes

That’s okay, Thanos.

I never said I predicted this acquistion, literally never did. Way back in the day, I said MS would get a publisher though, although never would i have thought it was going to be 2

Anyway strange personal attacks out of the way, MS should get Techland

What are the chances that MS will still go after Sega and WB Games? Would you say higher or lower than 50%?

In the past I’d have said the chances were high, that they’d go after both, now I’m not sure MS will go after both or even just one of them.

I’d like to be wrong, because both companies have what I think MS gaming still needs.

1 Like

That’s no personal attack, come on.

I just know you as the dude, that wrote every other day “There is nothing big happening” and my reply was in good fun. You bring some very alternative viewpoints and predictions to this discussion and that’s great.

And I’m sorry if you feel attacked. I can delete it if you want.

3 Likes

A Pitfall reboot action adventure game?

3 Likes

All good

1 Like

R (2)

3 Likes

Were you? hmm so who do you think Xbox won’t get next ?

I don’t post too often as I struggle keeping up with this thread even when nothing is going on lol. Still hundreds of posts behind so it could have been asked already, but I hope this great video (which helped direct me to Xboxera in the first place) can be expanded at some point to add the new studios. I’ve watched this so many times. @Sikamikanico 's smooth tones soothing me to sleep like a baby many a time. :rofl:

Xbox Game Studios | World Tour - YouTube

2 Likes

The team and I are actively working on the 2022 edition…assuming the acquisition is successful of course.

4 Likes