Xbox Acquisition |OT3| 100% Organic Growth

I don’t think that this is accurate. Batman Arkham Knight sold 15.5 million copies, The Witcher 3 sold 30 million+.

3 Likes

I wasn’t talking about which game sold more. I meant which game is more popular word of mouth, advertisable, gets more hype. Having 2 RPG’s back to back makes each one look less special and that was the case when I saw Witcher 3 that year compared to how unique Arkham Knight looked at Sony’s conference were they curate their content to all be unique games.

Has less to do with curation and more to do with one having lots of games and the other not.

All this Souls games blasphemy needs to end. Great games and I can’t wait for Elden Ring.

3 Likes

Isnt That third Arkham game like the worst one

How does it make you feel when I say the only souls game I’ve played is Dark Souls 3 and I stopped playing it after 15 minutes :stuck_out_tongue: friend got me to buy it for co-op and that was a mistake, souls games aren’t for me.

It’s why I’m super happy for Sony/anyone to waste their money on those games while MS goes for something else like Bethesda and SEGA :wink:

2 Likes

Back on topic people. Take the rest to Community

9 Likes

Saviour Nick is here to save us from the drought. Come on big man just give us an acquisition rumour

2 Likes

Rare has a lot of IP and a Legendary name. Rare doesn’t want to work on past IP so maybe Microsoft should pull them out of Xbox Gaming Studios and turn them into a Publisher like Bethesda but only they make E for Everyone games and Smaller AA Games with Studios having from 10-50 people at tops.

Rare themselves would continue making AAA games but then you could bring in Playtonic, Playful, Neon Giant, Dlala, EBB Software, Studio MDHR, Night School Games, Sad Cat Studios, Image & Form like teams who make older Rare IP or smaller unique titles that would have a smaller budget but tools to make games without needing to worry about the financials or other back end stuff.

4 Likes

It’s possible. You can be pretty sure that when they announced all the 2018 acquisitions onstage that they hadn’t just coincidentally signed them all that morning.

I’m noticing a trend of a few bad actors have a pattern of derailing the thread. I’ve been away a couple days but you all have been sufficiently warned, further off topics will be deleted.

11 Likes

I hope you aren’t referring to me Knottian as i received a Drama diploma in School

off topic

vs photo GIF

1 Like

I technically Acquired that Drama Diploma though.

I’m only joking i’m all for keeping stuff on topic i just like keeping the mood happy when it’s at a quiet time that’s all.

Hopefully the mods will have seen my progress and grant me passage to the next acquisition thread

2 Likes

Was just thinking if MS buys more than one big named publisher or studio wtf are they going to do with naming and placement within Xbox and XGS. At E3 they already do Xbox and Bethesda games showcase, are they going to do it with all big name studios lol.

Welcome to the Xbox + Bethesda + SEGA + Capcom E3 Games showcase!

The reason why I ask this is because names of these big studios are worth something and they probably wouldn’t want to just fold them in and forget. I guess it could be Xbox + Bethesda + SEGA and they put Capcom under SEGA.

I don’t think they would put Capcom under Sega in that situation. The next publisher under Xbox will just be called the same like Bethesda. XGS and Bethesda are the same thing but are seperated in a way because they are run by different people. Matt booty runs XGS, Hines and Todd help the bethesda side and the next publisher will have it’s own leadership as well.

2 Likes

Them being separate is more due to administration purposes so I reckon if someone like Paradox is acquired its just another wing under xbox.

On the other hand I think eventually for various shows they should just package everything under Xbox and drop the subtitles. I understood why they did it separately this year but I really hope going forward they just have it under 1 thing and just promote it by saying “See the latest from Bethesda studios” and thats it. Helps get the message across that they are one and the same.

If not we gonna have the Xbox-Bethesda-Paradox E3 show.

4 Likes

Yeah I know the reason why Bethesda is titled like that because it’s a offshoot of Xbox and it’s on thing my question is about them buying more publishers and big studios just for example CDPR. Would MS want to put someone like CDPR just under the Xbox banner, I would think they would love to tout it’s a Xbox studio at things like E3. So in theory having the Xbox + Bethesda + Capcom + CDPR in the title would be a bit wonky, but leaving out a studio like CDPR seems like a miss.

I might just be looking into it too much haha, it’s just the value of the name alone of these studios are pretty big and could be losses if they’re just folded in. I guess it’s probably just a time thing and people will get that the studio is a Xbox studio after a few releases.

Any new publisher Xbox get mate would pretty much be in the same boat as Bethesda. Regarding the conference thing it will probably be called the XBOX conference in the future as the Bethesda was a one off in my opinion and i only think they did that as the industry hadn’t seen an acquisition of IP like that before. So that’s why they phrased it like that to get people used to it pretty much in my eyes.

I think that maybe the first one after an hypotethical acquisition would be named like the Xbox Bethesda Showcase to emphasize the new marriage, but after that it will be folded into Xbox messagging, it’s already happening with Bethesda, moreover not many publishers have (had) a dedicated E3 show (only EA, Ubisoft and Square Enix are left) or a convention like Quakecon (I can recall only Blizzcon or Minecon), then there are middle sized publishers like Nacon, Paradox, etc… shows, but no one would even remember them if they would be acquired and I’m sure Xbox wouldn’t rename its conference for anything less than SEGA.