Xbox Acquisition |OT3| 100% Organic Growth

I mean even now we know that Kojima is doing something for MS, yet not only a lot of community and media believes that, they would rather think that Abandoned is Kojima’s game so…MS should be very aggressive with the things traditionally associated with Playstation.

We know that Persona is coming for Xbox, hope it will be announced in September.

Code Vein is the only good Souls game.

Nah, more people(as with any game) don’t like them than do, it’s just that the fan base of these games are relentless and over the top in their fawning about them and create this perception that they are universally accepted as something great, which is not true of course.

my only experience with souls games is playing the first one in like 2018. got to darkroot, realised I wasn’t having much fun, so did glitch where you could consume boss souls multiple times, and then proceeded to steam roll rest of game.(which I found much more enjoyable)

From does very little for me, I liked the first Dark Souls but absolutely nothing about it screams masterpiece the way people go on about it and it feels like they’ve been making the same thing over and over for 10 years now

But regardless it will get a lot of attention and love from others so it will be a big deal if true but off topic and all that

Can everyone take the off topic discussions to Community Hangout?

4 Likes

man i dont like tencent at all but idk whats in their mind making investment in small companies and then buy them …

Yeah it’s very niche and I don’t care one bit about this “big news” lol.

I guess the big deal is about mind share more than mind blowing game announcements, the games are too hard for the casual player, but the casual player still gets impacted hard by it’s announcement.

I’m not worried though, I’m sure Xbox has some bombs for this year still.

You know what I find funny? … EA bought Playdemic and Sony bought Crunchyroll. By the time the merger ends, don’t be surprised that MS will end up buying the rest of Warner.

People told me: “no that they were not going to sell because the merger has not ended and Discovery has plans and projects in production” Zaslav already said that his priority was film and TV. Dispensing with Crunchy at that price went well for them considering the debt they still have, apart from the fact that film productions are not being a success, which added to the period of video game production implies that the debt is increasing and do not forget that the inflation of the next year they will make the values go up. Let’s see who stays with WBIE…my bid goes to MS

1 Like

Said it before. Something big is coming. Microsoft isn’t really interested in buying up indies…they are in abundance…why buy 5-10 indies when you can have 500 knocking on your door for a gamepass deal? They also don’t move the needle.

We should be thinking IO, Crytek or bigger. Publishers as well. Whoevers struggling.

9 Likes

I also think so.

Meanwhile at Xbox:

That’s a big one allright.

2 Likes

What is it?

Look above.

Maybe they already have made acquisition but now is not the time to announce it yet?

We already know about the IO, Crytek i thought it was something totally new out of left field or something lol

Holding Hold The Line GIF

I will say, Sony sure knows how to build their brand and align themselves with high profile IP’s. Like even with all these cool games Xbox puts out Sony tends to better highlight mainstream appeal games.

Like back in the day I’d watch the Xbox conference and I’d be like “Oh cool a new Fable that’s neat… Oh Witcher 3! This looks like a better Fable. Huh Gwent, a card game at E3, sure whatever. Yo a new Crackdown… wait they followed up Crackdown with Just Cause 3 which looks like a better Crackdown. Hey another Gears game… Forza huh, guess this is the part where we wait for the Car reveal from the ceiling.”

Meanwhile Sony conferences are like “Yo wtf Batman the Arkham Knight looks sick. WTF how did they get Shenmue, everyone has been wanting that but for Xbox. Holyshit they got Spiderman exclusively. Another Souls game! People sure are hyped. WTH they have Phychonauts 2 on stage? Why couldn’t Xbox get them on stage. MY GOD FF7 Remake is another dream come true.”

It’s kind of day and night how both parties curate their showings. For some reason even though Sony is a foreign company, better realizes the games that American audiences most care for. Like I like CDPR but no regular person is ever going to see Batman and the Witcher and say Witcher is more appealing. I don’t know what MS thinks when they select games to show off at E3 but for some reason they show a lot of overlap content that makes their own games seem less special and focus on games that aren’t exactly games kids in highschool would talk about.

I disagree. Like the studios they acquired so far aren’t exactly that far from the indie stage. InExile, Ninja Theory, Compulsion, Undead Labs are all pretty small agile teams that just work well with budgets. I’d say they were punching above their weight class but weren’t exactly huge companies.

Indie studios like Moon, Studio MDHR, Super Giant games all match what the current Xbox studios offer in terms of quality, hell I’d say they even surpass some. If MS really isn’t looking at some of these indie studios I’d be shocked and would question whether leadership over there is actually paying attention to the gaming landscape.

MS strategy seems to be buy small to midsize studios and grow them to bigger numbers. Besides the Bethesda deal, they hadn’t really gone after a flat out AAA dev.