Xbox Acquisition |OT2| Something, Something, Snowball Effect

You buy NRS and set them loose on a new Shaolin Monks game.

1 Like

NR and TT round out Xbox’s first-party. These are the studios to get and they’ve fallen right into Xbox’s lap if they can make the deal happen. All that Xbox would really be missing is a bit more in-house a Japanese development.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what he means by ‘credible.’

1 Like

I have no idea about the quality of these game but TT have definitely been prolific over the last decade. This is exactly the sort of cadence MS would want for Game Pass

7 Likes

So no Rocksteady? would love them 2 come on Phil do it.

2 Likes

They really 100% are what MS wants right now.

5 Likes

Oh man, those rumors about tt and nr really makes me happy

I have been a fan of tt since I was a kid, their lego games really gives you a fun time playing, and also they have worked with others franchises like sonic and crash before lego.

It will not surprise me if they keep the license to continue making lego games, they fit perfectly on gamepass, but having them making a banjo game will be better

And about NR, I know that several people dont like the idea of having a new killer instinct made by them, but how about a crossover with mortal kombat

It will keep KI fans happy for some years until iron galaxy is free to make a KI 2, but thats just my opinion

2 Likes

Netherrealm and TT games are what MS need for sure. And also, despite having the money, they need to be strategic with their purchases imo.

2 Likes

But Rocksteady is a top of the line Talent Studio imagine the open world game they can craft.

I agree, but will MS acquire them without any IP? Also, it does not seem to be for sale.

I like how the source that started this whole posting spree straight up said that NRS and TT are on the table and WB is keen to keep the others. Immediately the conversation starts shifting to “They should get Rocksteady”

3 Likes

Someone here already mentioned these studios few days ago. Interesting.

Yeah, the obvious statement should be “They should get SEGA”. What were they thinking?

3 Likes

It feels like a bit of an open secret that these two were potential targets at this point.

1 Like

I’ve had several people message me about this. I don’t plan to keep talking about it, I passed on what I knew the other day so you can compare it to what Jez says. I hope to continue to be a part of the community whether the information I passed along turns out to be right or wrong which is why I will not comment further. Hope you all understand :+1:

38 Likes

It for sale if the price is right.

I can’t imagine Microsoft letting these 2 studios go if they are up for grabs. As everyone has said they are exactly what XGS has been looking for.

They could use their talent to build their own IP, but… They’re not doing more than one game at the same time. So, if would see something next after Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League. Another years of waiting, waiting and waiting.

Thanks for sharing with us.:green_heart:

7 Likes

At this point, it will be more of a ‘luxury’ studio if they are bought.