Xbox Acquisition |OT2| Something, Something, Snowball Effect

85 South Praying GIF by BET Hip Hop Awards

2 Likes

The 4chan thing is a major “throwing shit at the wall” post. Not the kind of thing you should give any oxygen to.

Right, there’s no need to be “mad” or whatever, but actions->consequences of actions. Being overly accommodating of people in these circumstances is a great way to encourage people to post knowingly false stuff because they immediately get attention and excitement when they post it, and then when it turns out incorrect, they get protected. It also allows for people to bootstrap themselves to trusted insider status by making a series of guesses, then when one of them is correct, they claim they knew all along, and when the other stuff is wrong they claim things changed.

The upside to having harsher standards is that you cut down on the amount of bs by a lot. The downside is that you might occasionally “miss out” on learning some random piece of inside info early, but that’s not much of a downside when the alternative situation involves tiny nuggets of truth swirling in a vortex of fiction that you have no meaningful way of separating it out from.

2 Likes

Hey, I am new around here Somehow I finally found this forum after being searching it for days haha Pls excuse my bad english

Is awesome to finally share opinions on this topic with others And well, to start with it What do you guys thinks about Dimps? The developers behind the portable sonic games aswell some fighting games like dragonball xenoverse and streetfighter 5 The studio was funded by ex sega and capcom developers I know that most people will not agree with me but I think they will be a great choice for xbox If they want to bring back a ip like banjo or even blinx Aswell if they want to develop a new killer instinct And always there is the option to let them develop a new game It will be a neat addition to the family and after reading that old bloomberg article saying that xbox is talking with a lot of japanese developers(big and small) I just can hope

16 Likes

My man.

4 Likes

welcome to the forums .

Animated GIF

6 Likes

Welcome!

Dimps is actually a very interesting suggestion. I had no idea who they were but after looking at their history, I think it would be a great acquisition.

1 Like

Just want to remind you all… Microsoft will not announce an acquisition tomorrow. Companies don’t announce those types of things on Fridays. Usually that type of big news happens on a Monday or Tuesday as to have a news cycle around it. I hope I kill your dreams for tomorrow because it ain’t happening. Have a good weekend.

9 Likes

Ok so everyone should expect an acquistion next week. Got it thanks.

11 Likes

And so the cycle begins again lol.

1 Like

I agree with you. I’ve always thought Dimps could do it

7 Likes

Welcome. I’ve been looking into Dimps for a while. Great dev. But PlayStation and Bamco have stakes in it.

1 Like

The Touryst was good. Maybe Shinen? They’re Nintendo stans but maybe they would sell and could do something cool with a bigger budget.

1 Like

Easy!

They buy Bandai Namco and Sony first!

And SEGA, just in case they get any ideas. Or even if they don’t.

1 Like

September is the month MS will reveal any acquisitions for me. 3 months after E3 and a great way to get people talking again

1 Like

I agree wholeheartedly with what you are saying, and more often than not, it is the case.

However, since Satya Nadella became CEO:

• Linkedin through Microsoft acquired Spectrum on Friday, November 30th, 2018
  • InXile and Obsidian were acquired on Saturday, November 10th, 2018 at XO.
  • Github was completed and announced to be so to the public on Saturday, October 26th, 2018
  • Microsoft announced the acquisition of Semantic Machines on Sunday, May 20th, 2018
  • Microsoft announced the acquisition of Maluuba on Friday, January 13th, 2017
  • Microsoft announced the acquisition of Metanautix on Friday, December 18th, 2015
  • Microsoft and Xbox announced the acquisition of Havok on Friday, October 2nd, 2015
  • Microsoft announced the acquisition of Double Labs on Friday September 11th, 2015
  • Microsoft announced the acquisition of Revolution Analytics on Friday, January 23rd 2015

Now, what you said is 100% true, they haven’t done one for years. It is bad policy to do it. The only Xbox acquisition was Havok made on a Friday and that may have been because it would harm Intel’s stock eval (the original owner). The ones on the Saturday were at an event. And MS saves bad news for Fridays typically, like the Gold hike.

That said, if they bought from WB or Nordisk, that may be considered… bad news for some investors of those companies. YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!!!

rain

(In all seriousness guys, expect nothing. Snowball’s chance in hell. But let’s not be entirely hasty and martyr our “insider” friends)

16 Likes

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

10 Likes

Like last year eh?

2 Likes

20210709_121639 Keeping my Grandma locked in this cage until xbox acquires TT Games

14 Likes

I support this.

1 Like