Xbox Acquisition |OT2| Something, Something, Snowball Effect

Avalanche is rumoured to be making TYPHOON and they also made Rage 2…so the connection is there at least.

1 Like

I’m going a little bigger - Paradox Interactive is my guess.

which discord server did jez send that message in?

Aren’t they public though?

I don’t think It’s publisher but studio/s. IOI or avalanche for me

1 Like

I can’t imagine a 007 game being exclusive to Xbox but what if… just what if?

That said, IO has talked about publishing games from other developers. It doesn’t seem like they’re in a position to sell unless MS offered them some deal that allowed them to support Xbox publishing somehow. Seems unlikely to me though.

I’m also under the assumption is a studio(s).

It’s a secret. :wink:

Actually… Kojima Productions and Silent Hill, Metal Gear, or Death Stranding?:wink:

4 Likes

Actually, yeah they are. Probably a development studio.

BuT MaTt BoOtY iS aT HiS MaX CaPaCItY !

I wish it was IOI, but isn’t the Hitman IP kinda AAA ? Asobo level of acquisition would make more sense given the smaller level IP. Though Asobo seems unlikely ?

Ah man, Jez had to drop a bomb huh. I hope what he said comes true otherwise people are going to go at him unfairly. Now everyone is gonna expect an acquisition announcement and if it doesn’t happen Jez will get unfairly critisized.

3 Likes

It isn’t the Windows Central one? Lol

Gonna be something we dont expect like Double Fine was lol.

1 Like

This sort of happened, unless you mean a further split

Sega Sammy is splitting its gaming business into two separate entities, shake up on the corporate board. - XboxEra.

1 Like

Some hear disappointment over Avalanche…

I hear dedicated Crackdown studio.

8 Likes

Season 5 Whatever GIF by Paramount+

1 Like

IMAGE & FORM

3 Likes

I’d love either the makers behind The Ascent, as they seem to be making ways.

Of the company behind Astria Ascending so WE CAN FINALLY HAVE A JRPG STUDIO.

1 Like

Do they own Steamworld?

Read a little through the thread here, so not AAA hype level stuff, more like smaller. Ok, but that could still be a studio who did make AAA games before. I get the decision for smaller games though, in the near future they want a steady line up of releases throughout the year with smaller and bigger releases.

But I’m sure curious what these IP are then.