Xbox Acquisition |OT| - So We’re Back to Making Lists, Huh?

Ya Tencent also invest in Platinum games and Google or Amazon could make moves at anytime I just dont think MS is going to sit back for a year and going from Phil and Satya Nadella comments they arent

1 Like

Yeah, they’re not. I don’t know why CDPR keeps getting brought up.

2 Likes

I would love it but doesnt make sense when you can get more studios or a Pub with that type of money that just me tho

2 Likes

I don’t know why people are saying they will wait a whole year to buy new studios. They’ve got the lead in the race of subscription services, and waiting a whole year, with a high risk of having your competitors just snatch potential important acquisitions while you are waiting would not be very wise.

They already said that they expect the Bethesda deal to close between January and June at the latest, and Phil Spencer said they are on track. He also said, along with Nadella, that they are always looking for more studios and acquisitions won’t stop. Our own @Shpeshal_Nick has heard about potentially one acquisition at least.

Now more than ever, you can’t just wait for things to happen. Everybody will be in buying mode, so you have to make sure you are constantly on the move.

7 Likes

They were looking at acquiring WB while closing Bethesda, that should tell you all you need to know about their confidence level to balance the Bethesda acquisition with other things.

3 Likes

That’s also a very good point and explains why acquisitions won’t stop. Game Pass is crucial more than ever.

2 Likes

Yet they chose to acquire just the one. Due to the size of a publisher and how long it takes to fully intergrate

They will still buy studios but I dont think a publisher happens this year or next

Greetings fellow XBOX and gaming enthusiasts!

The last few weeks i had a dream.

A dream about an even brighter future for XBOX.

The dream was about two Acquisitions which would take XBOX to the gaming olymp.

And when you dream, you dream big.

I am talking about Capcom and SEGA.

I know that this sounds utterly insane, but please hear me out.

Phil has the full backing of Microsoft and wants to build an industry leading first party studios organisation.

One could say, that he already acomplished that, with the acquisition of Zenimax.

But why stop there, when the other tech giants are looming in the background, ready to step into the light.

If you acquire Capcom and Sega you would instantly fill in the missing gaps. (JRPG, Fighting, Third-/First-Person Horror, E-Rated family friendly games)

With Sega you would gain strong legacy and current ip, incredible talent and pc capabilities, a jrpg powerhouse and a mascot which rivales Mario.

With Capcom you would get an action, fighting & horror powerhouse, with worldwide appeal through street fighter, devil may cry , monster hunter and resident evil.

The possibilities for crossover games would be insane.

You could make your own smash bros. and mario kart games with the xbox twist.

You could also do an xbox vs. sega vs. capcom fighting game a la marvel vs. capcom.

Gamepass is already an incredible deal, but with the addition of sega and capcom, the service would explode.

Imagine the next Persona, Sonic, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Street Fighter, Monster Hunter all launching day one straight into Gamepass.

With Capcom you would also have the possibility of a DmC2 from Ninja Theory. (If you like the Art Direction/Artstyle or appearance of Dante or not, it was a really good Action Game)

I know this sounds like a pipedream, but with the hunger, dedication and money to be the best, this seems really possible.

Of course this would not happen over night, but over the next 2-5 Years, i could see this absolutely happening.

It would be an absolute shame, if either one of them would get snacked up by Google, Amazon, Tencent or Facebook.

12 Likes

Where is the proof of that. The information we have seen indicated WB hadn’t decided to sell in the end. Phil and Satya continue to say more acquisitions are coming and Microsoft is working towards making this the Netflix of gaming with earning potential of many times what they rake in now for Xbox. The acquisitions aren’t going to be put on hold for a year.

2 Likes

Yeah, Warner wasn’t sold because AT-T decided it wasn’t worth it in the end.

For large scale publishers I think so. As I said, I think they acquire a studio who is say between 150-300 tho

1 Like

When I say publisher I mean large scale, owns multiple studios etc. Sega, Capcom, WB, I think we can rule out MS acquiring them this year and even for a few more years. Zenimax need to be organized first

Welcome to the community @Sindarion - and that’s a nice dream you’re having there!

1 Like

I want to believe in that dream ! Welcome in the community !

I like your dream very much haha

1 Like

Thanks for your welcoming words! It’s great to be here in this awesome and positive community!

7 Likes

double fine tim schaefer GIF

Thanks for your dream and welcome :popcorn_parrot:

1 Like

Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor

6 Likes

I dont think its an Acquisition but if it is gotta be a big one right? haha