Xbox Acquisition |OT| - So We’re Back to Making Lists, Huh?

Yeah, Xbox is also looking to make small dev hubs where they have a few studios from the same area. It helps with collaboration and also talent retention, if a Rare dev is looking for a new project, they can join Ninja theory or Playground if they find it interesting.

That’s why Asobo would make a lot of sense together with Arkane Lyon.

Ya’ll need to stop bringing up first person vs third person everywhere lol. I know its basically an xboxera meme at this point but it has the potential to drag things the wrong direction haha.

5 Likes

Oh trust me, I haven’t. Relic and CA are always my go to for the PC argument and RGG is arguably one of the best Japanese studios out there.

4 Likes

Dontnod too

1 Like

Cant forget ATLUS, arguably a crown jewel developer on their own.

2 Likes

Forsure Vampyr to me is just an underrated game

Vampyr still got some spotlight. Their true underrated game is this gem:

I never played it

It was their first game, I believe.

Unfortunately it is not backwards compatible, so it will only get more forgotten as the time goes by :frowning:

That sucks

There’s a reason I usually just throw in the Sega umbrella :wink:

3 Likes

Not only does Creative Assembly make great strategy games on PC, they also have an AAA console team (the one that made the great Alien: Isolation). They’re currently working on a new IP, that’s supposed to be a tactical FPS for next-gen (well I guess current-gen now) consoles. They’re a really great and talented studio.

2 Likes

Stalker has a cult following with huge modding support. The game has more soul than most AAA releases. Extremely immersive. I hope the modding support for this one would be good on console.

1 Like

What are your thoughts on buying Playtonic, and then giving them the funds to hire the very best? I get the impression that this is the stuff they’d like to make but due to funding, it gets in the way of their ability to keep making them. I could be wrong about that, it’s just an impression I get.

1 Like

I haven’t really seen much that’s innovative out of that team or particularly compelling story wise. The people that I’d want to pluck from Nintendo would be their visionaries, innovators and story tellers and I think those are the leaders at Playtonic. I don’t really want to buy a company and then gut the people that made the company.

1 Like

I would only want to see Microsoft acquire PlayTonic if they wanted to reboot Banjo-Kazooie. If not, then honestly, I wouldn’t bother.

I was joking :eyes:

1 Like

I think Game Worlds joining Xbox Games Studios makes a ton of sense. They’ve struggled for funding. They have a long history of game development. They have a really well like IP with Stalker and look like they could really take a next step with big funding. Xbox funded Stalker 2 and it looks like it’s going to be a big hit. They are big for PC. It’s a genre they don’t really have covered right now. They’re in a more stable area than 4A games was (which is what I think held back Microsoft from buying them). Xbox was rumored to be talking to a dev where they are from. They would be a great buy low opportunity.

1 Like

We have the same point of view but It seems hard to buy SEGA. Much chances for Relic’s acquisition. Company of Heroes 2 and Warhammer 3 didn’t sell very we’ll and Sega cutted many Dawn of war 3 DLC and xpacks for this reason. A Better funds by MS Will help Relic to develop the best RTS

What’s Jason Vandenberghe’s crazy ass up to now? Let’s get him in an Xbox Studio, we could use some more insanity.