Xbox Acquisition |OT| - So We’re Back to Making Lists, Huh?

12 AAA titles is not realistic unless they have 60 studios working on AAA games.

8 Likes

So… 60 by 2022? I kid. 55 should be fine.

1 Like

Yeah, 12 AAA titles per year is simply not realistic considering the time it takes to develop one. Besides, Xbox Game Pass adds plenty of AAA titles. They’re not day-one titles, but they add enough AAA titles to Xbox Game Pass per year to keep me subscribed.

2 Likes

Does anybody when there is going to be the next financial call ? We could get more informations from Nadella about the state of Game Pass and their acquisitions strategy.

I think 4-5 AAAs a year is enough and more realistic

3 Likes

Check this out https://www.pcworld.com/article/3600668/microsoft-xbox-cloud-gaming-will-finally-arrive-on-windows-this-spring.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true.

Gamepass and xcloud launching on a billion devices next spring. I expect that sub number is going to skyrocket.

2 Likes

It depends. To sustain the current user base, sure. To sustain a 250 million subscriber user base with diverse interest, no, they’d need 8-12 varied AAA games in different genres combined with a bunch of AA content and third party deals.

I think they are going to say they passed 20 millions users for Game Pass on their next financial call.

1 Like

And after launching on more than a billion devices this spring could be easily north of 50 million.

Yep, the expansion is going to be very quick. Game Pass and xCloud will be linked together more than ever.

They dropped the Zenimax news to get orders for Series s/X wonder what they’ll do to impress a billion potential customer.

1 Like

Definitely agree that Game Pass is over 20m subscribers.

1 Like

This is just the beginning in terms of acquisitions, Spencer himself said he easily sees a future where they will always be acquiring new content creators.

1 Like

If it had the same growth as the last three months ( 5 millions in three months was insane ), absolutely.

Yeah but it could also be prime time to announce something with UPlay

1 Like

That too yes, new tiers, advantages, studios, the possibilities are endless.

2 Likes

I don’t think Game Pass will even be sniffing 50 million sunscribers for a while. I think we’re seeing acceletared demand in gaming because people are stuck at home and growth of 5M sunscribers a quarter won’t be sustained.

1 Like

They are launching on a billion devices, uptake will be swift

I’m not sure, certainly not this year, but once xCloud takes off on different platforms, the growtjh will be much more important.

I have my doubts on how many mobile users will sign up for a gane streaming service. I could definitely see it picking up on set top boxes and Smart TVs though.

1 Like