Xbox Acquisition |OT| - So We’re Back to Making Lists, Huh?

Double Fine and Rare can do them but they shouldn’t be forced to.

Harmonix, Mediatonic, Wayforward, Jackbox and Krome could make them either through acquisition or Global Publishing.

4 Likes

Possibly Alpha Dog, if they’re gonna transition to console games.

1 Like

E Rated mean that the following games need to be rebooted:

• Banjo
  • Viva Pinata
  • Fuzion Frenzy
  • 1 vs 100

Viva Pinata was ahead of it’s time. Fuzion Frenzy’s and 1 v 100’s time has come back. Banjo never should’ve went away.

7 Likes

My bet is Fuzion Frenzy probably could be scaled to work locally on many phones and tablets. Would be great if they picked up a license like that.

2 Likes

Kameo over Banjo.

8 Likes

Also, bring back Jet Force Gemini as a four-player game that plays similar to Ratchet & Clank!

Kameo is a good game but I think they have too many things in front of it that would get greenlighted first. That said, wouldn’t be mad at a new Kameo.

4 Likes

Aren’t they known for making a mobile action RPG? Just curious what you could see them doing and if they’ve actually worked on some other stuff that I hadn’t heard

I think it’s very likely they’ll start doing indie-level stuff like when Microsoft used to publish Splosion Man, Mark of the Ninja, Dust: An Elysium Tale, etc. they’ve only been mobile so far, but their description on their website said they can do console. We’ll see if they do.

Interesting, any thoughts on that Roundhouse studio?

Hopefully, The Quiet Man 2.

Surely you jest?

I love that terrible game! :joy:

God Xbox needs to stay far away from Kojima, keep his stench over on the Playstation side

4 Likes

Like him or not the dudes name has pedigree. Anything with him attatched is instantly put onto millions of peoples hype lists

After how Death Stranding turned out his name would probably do more harm than good. Xbox already has Shinji Mikami now and should probably smooth things over with Kamiya and Platinum.

5 Likes

Phil Spencer can’t complain about not having enough E rated games and say that Banjo Kazooie returning is up to Rare smh

If Rare isn’t interested there are other studios who would be happy to pick up the slack

1 Like

Death stranding, to a majority of its players, is a fantastic game. Ive never played it, but i will eventually and i look forward to it. Saying it “turned out” bad is just fanboyish denial. The game is sitting at 93% positive on steam.

The Steam version came out way later than the PS4 version. By that time, everyone already knew what kind of a game it was, and only the small sect of people who knew they would like that kinda thing went for it.

1 Like