Xbox Acquisition |OT| - So We’re Back to Making Lists, Huh?

double fine tim schaefer GIF

Thanks for your dream and welcome :popcorn_parrot:

1 Like

Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor

6 Likes

I dont think its an Acquisition but if it is gotta be a big one right? haha

I’m really trying to decipher the emojis.

We have an eye. then two pair of eyes. Money Clip, controller.

Xbox is buying someone OR

Xbox is getting more money.

new acquisition ?

Microsoft’s quarterly financials are next week (1/20). He is likely just hinting that the Xbox division numbers are impressive.

Brad Sams on Twitter: “There’s a lot of money flowing around gaming companies right now, several getting multiple bids - not sure when or if any of these will close but gaming IP valuations are soaring” / Twitter

4 Likes

Interesting. I hope Xbox grows even more this year, they have a few gaps to fill yet.

If Game Pass is going to be relevant once the others catch on, a lot of exclusives is necessary.

Someone put up the Klob signal

2 Likes

Gaming is in its prime and the most valuable media rn.

4 Likes

:eyes:

Brad doesn’t necessary mean Microsoft. There seem a lot of interesting buyers with big money bags. I mean we knew this since Bethesda, you don’t get to a price of 7.5 billion without multiple interested parties.

He is a guy who reports solely on Microsoft and Sams wouldn’t have any real insight into activities of non MS companies. Is MS slapping down offers for anyone willing to field them? Probably not, but MS is assuredly included in what he is talking about.

None of this is a surprise, the CEO of MS and Phil both practically screamed from a rooftop" WE BRINGING THE MONEY TRAIN, CHOO CHOO!" a couple weeks ago.

6 Likes

Brad Sam’s is a Microsoft insider so that’s where he’d get knowledge. Combine that with Phil and Satya talking about the need to acquire and it’s basically a certainty.

4 Likes

I keep telling people that all my nudging on this subject is born from the string of blatant confirmations by Phil and his boss, Satya :slight_smile: The market has followed suit and I don’t think we’ll see things slow for a while, especially from Xbox whilst they look to bolster their ability to be GamePass’ primary output (so less third-party deals are necessary long-term).

3 Likes

Forgot who said it (think Jez Corden maybe) but Xbox is currently in a position Netflix was in 7-8 years ago where they are already very far ahead of a lot of companies. By the time the other big players realize that subscription services are the future, Xbox will have invested so much money that it will be hard to keep up.

Netflix is seen as the defacto streaming service to many simply because they did it first.

6 Likes

Xbox will be the Netflix, Colgate, Kleenex, and Sharpie of Games

5 Likes

Keep telling people MS has to move as fast as possible before someone else buys stuff like a Capcom Sega WB ect.

2 Likes

I mean it’s a different scenario with public companies. Becomes a bidding war at that point.

Sony won’t be able to compete, but Google, Amazon, and Tencent might.

2 Likes