Xbox Acquisition |OT| - So We’re Back to Making Lists, Huh?

Hmmm. Good idea :+1:

Sidenote - I think with Xbox, soon we will arrive at a point where a single showcase is not going ot be enough anyway.

You all see the smilegate speculation?

2 Likes

Yep! Posted the reddit link in case people were interested at looking at it. A new location in Barcelona seems interesting indeed.

2 Likes

You’re probably right about that, and it’s most likely better off that way. No reason to stuff everything into a few shows. Spread it out, give studios the space to show off what they’ve created. And a lot of my thoughts are really just based on my fondness for the X360 years and yearning for those big indie gems like Fez, Braid, Super Meat Boy, Castle Crashers, etc. Microsoft did such a great job showcasing the titles, and really, the creators.

1 Like

Iron Galaxy hired an ex-PS guy Adam whats-his-name. I don’t think there is a strong relationship with the studio after that hiring. Although all the devs in IG and even Double Helix fondly remember Killer Instinct.

A poaching target, not an acquisition target – IMHO.

1 Like

They own the Gears Tactics developers, now. This is again a Double Helix situation. So, the risk keeps rising with Tencent.

That hiring means nothing, the initiative has a lot insomniac /naughtydog/ ssm devs. Turnover is normal

So mega increases in Xbox revenue, acquisitions inbound?

6 Likes

Adam Boyes. And I don’t think that’s a big deal. He’s an adult :joy:

2 Likes

Yes, being a professional means that you put your best effort into whatever you do in whatever role you have. When you move on you do the same. Having worked for Sony is meaningless, particularly when that individual decided to leave Sony as well. Its just people doing their jobs.

Did Microsoft announce how many gamepass subscriptions they are at right now?

Editing my post. They just announced during the earnings call they’re at 18 million.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/BenjiSales/status/1354200262882242561?s=19

1 Like

I think you’ll find in the coming months that a number of acquisitions are in bound that have been in the works for a while now, at least if the rumors I’m hearing are true.

9 Likes

On a scale of 1-Bethesda what size are you hearing?

All I know is that the same gaming media that likes to cry “consolidation of the industry” will likely have some issues over the next year.

17 Likes

240d22bf3aeda750fca5c00d2dfbf72a

8 Likes

:phil_lmao:

9 Likes

For Xbox or just in general?

That’s an EXCELLENT question.

@Knottian

The beans…

Spill please