Wreckfest is receiving an Xbox Series X|S version today

THQ Nordic has announced that an Xbox Series X|S version of Wreckfest will be released later today.

The good news is that this new version will support up to 60 frames-per-second in 4K resolution, faster loading times, enhanced lighting, improved visual effects and an enhanced multiplayer with up to 24 players.

The bad news is that the game will not support Smart Delivery. The Series X|S version of Wreckfest has a suggested retail price of 39.99 / € 39.99 / £ 34.99, and if you already own the game for Xbox One you can upgrade it to the enhanced version for $9.99 / € 9.99.

Friendly reminder: if you want to give the game a try before you buy it, the Xbox One version is currently on Game Pass.

1 Like

I wonder if the $10 upgrade works if you have GamePass.

3 Likes

I can confirm you can upgrade the Game Pass version.

5 Likes

That’s awesome!

I can’t for the life of me find the new version on the Microsoft Store, though. Care to share a link?

I did it in game and you need to download a 9.9GB patch I think, I couldn’t find it in the store either.

2 Likes

Oh. Cause if it’s through the store, I was going to ask if it gives options for Gifting. :rofl:

Have to try out all the loops when companies subvert SmartDelivery, like what happened with that one COD title.

1 Like

Ha just had a look at it while it was downloading I pressed the menu button and I managed to “see in store” it comes up as “Wreckfest Xbox Series Version” and it looks like you can gift it.

2 Likes

Wonder how it really differs from the previous version on the Series X? Though it was already 4k 60fps

1 Like

Especially because those games are essentially Smart Delivery titles apart from the free upgrade. They share the same save file, a single achievements list, etc… They just want you to pay for the upgrade.

Performance and resolutions seem to be the same. I believe the only changes are the bigger multiplayer and some visual effects. Maybe faster loading times?

Now is the GIfted price the full price or just the upgrade price?

Sometimes during sales I wanted to gift a good game cause it was on sale but the price was full price since I bought it on discount for myself. The store has some weird mechanics at times. It seems semi-random because each game can have different options.

BTW, thanks for the quick answers.

Upgrade price, you also get the Game Pass discount :smiley:

1 Like

Looked on the store on my Xbox and could not find a Series X version or an upgrade to my owned version for 9.99, is this update live yet?

Does the game shows up as Optimized for you, or is it just an add-on for the Xbox One version?

It’s hard to know if I should add it to the Optimized page if it doesn’t have a bloody store page lol

It doesn’t have the X|S badge of that’s what you’re talking about and it seems like it’s more of a add on.

3 Likes

Will you not be able to play the upgrade once the game leaves game pass?

Also how is this game? Had my eye on it a while.

& is the upgrade actually worth it over the xbox one 60fps version?

What, that’s a crazy setup in that the upgrade “addon” is larger than the game itself but not listed separately when installed. The things they do to be able to charge for an update. :confused: