Worms Rumble releases for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S next week

Originally published at: Worms Rumble releases for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S next week - XboxEra

Worms Rumble is coming to Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S on June 23. This is the latest game in the Worms series, and was originally released last December as a PlayStation console exclusive.

Worms Rumble is Worms like you’ve never played it before, with intense, real-time, arena-based 32 player cross-platform combat. Get ready for Deathmatch and Last Worm Standing modes where you’re only ever a Holy Hand Grenade away from death!

Developer Team17 announced yesterday that the game would be released on Nintendo Switch on the same day, but there was no confirmation if the Xbox version would be coming aswell. Today, the game’s page on the Microsoft Store was updated to show the June 23 date.

In addition to that, the UK videogame company Sold Out confirmed that it would be publishing the physical version of the game in Europe.

https://twitter.com/soldout/status/1405174569841926144

4 Likes

I’ve been looking for a new couch MP game, and this may be it. Have been playing a lot of THPS1+2 with friends, which has this great 2 minute session setup, where you can can hand over the controller. Worms has this same short turn-based gameplay, where you don’t need to wait hours for your turn.

Give speed runners a try too

Ultimate chicken horse game

The amount of times I’ve played those when guest come over is far more than I kept track. Both are worth their money IMO.

Tetris effect, overcooked 2, and a jack box party pack are also worth trying and are on game pass ( maybe not hack box, bought the one that was on game pass so no idea if it’s still there but I know the other ones are still there.)

Gang beasts is also good

1 Like

Cool, thanks a lot for this post! Exactly what I was looking for! :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problem. I’m glad to help, and glad you checked out the games at least. Most local multiplayer games go unnoticed.

@Shpeshal_Nick will hopefully be doing a review for that other game mentioned in the tweet coming August 31st :wink: