Windows Central: Xbox Project xCloud for iOS in deadlock, as testing comes to a halt

That’s the one I got my eyes on. Just let me preorder already, dammit!

1 Like

I really wanted to get this but the outdated internals got me wondering about the z fold 2 Samsung announced yesterday, but the screen ratio for this one seems much better.

Ah didn’t know it has outdated hardware. What are we talking about? Early 2019 hardware or just not the latest available?

Thats a very good point. But then who knows if it will blow up that big lol!

Samsung phones are great and all but I don’t like their version of Android (One UI). You might want to check the OnePlus devices, unless they changed it, they let you choose between different modes (classic Android buttons, iPhone style or Pixel style), I love Oxygen OS. Pixel 5 might finally be a true flagship, might be worth checking out too.

It’s a soc from 2019 (snapdragon 855 IIRC), but the worst part is the camera, which lacks all the latest stuff (single camera, so no portrait photos, small sensor, when everyone is going big, etc).

1 Like

looks like my apple watch won’t work with an android phone. damn. thats the deal breaker for me.

That was the worst part for me from migrating.

The Samsung watch is good, but doesn’t hold a candle.

I totally agree with that. Still I’m considering it because features like this are pretty great

More terrible policies from Apple, nothing new. Except they’re making it very easy for a large amount of gamers to switch over to Android. xCloud is looking like the next big thing and their partnership with Samsung looks very promising. In addition, if Sony starts to improve PSNow and it gets better with more regional availability and the like, that’s another swathe of gamers that will be switching from iOS to Android.

And in the end, Apple still won’t really care. Terrible company.

I ended up making the switch last year. From iPhone XS to Note 10+.

The integration with windows is nice already, you can already use the app on the desktop but now you can pin them and run multiple at the same time!

Only thing I miss is the apple watch indeed, at least the Samsung one (I have the active 2) has all the base features for exercising plus Spotify.

I don’t think apple is terrible, they still make some great products. They just have gotten too arrogant. Too much hubris.

Arrogant is putting it lightly, as someone who used to work retail and sell their products, and used to be invested in their ecosystem. I can complain about Apple for days, but this isn’t the place or time :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, forget it. No xCloud for iOS as Apple wants Microsoft to submit every single game xCloud offers.

https://twitter.com/mattjbrown/status/1291475750177181697?s=21

Does netflix need to submit every single movie they stream? You know how some famous people can forget how pompous they sound? This is now Apple. I don’t think they realize how pompous and tone deaf they are sounding…

1 Like

I’ve even an iOS user for almost 8 years now, and I’m seriously considering preordering a note 20 ultra tomorrow. It’s not just because I want to use xcloud, but learning how apples draconian polices restrict so many apps, not sure if it’s worth supporting. It’s hard to switch ecosystems, but I’ve been pushed to the edge

1 Like

I was thinking about this exact thing, Apple sounds really foolish right now.