Windows Central Rumor - Xbox and IOI (Hitman) prototyping a game in a Fantasy setting

Reviving an old IP vs prototype phase that could change drastically or not get made it all. Didn’t the new IO studio just open up too? This game is a long way off. If the game was already in production I wouldn’t complain as hard but it’s way too early.

Hmmmmm

7 Likes

Im just fucking wilding out thinking about what kind of a game IOI could make in a fantasy setting, gadeim. All I know is it will have insane amounts of replayability and sandbox elements, if their philosophy from Hitman carries over.

1 Like

Exciting! On IOI’s website they say that they have a core team in place already in Spain so hopefully the game isn’t too far away.

IOI Interactive wanted to make fantasy MMO, Rex Dominus, long time ago so there is a basis for that rumour.

6 Likes

MS got a relentless army of leakers :grimacing:

1 Like
6 Likes

I need to go back and watch Miles’s video again, but he almost made it seem like the IP was still being shopped around, which does not make much sense to me. I would have assumed that IO made the pitches, got the greenlight from a publisher and then opened the studio and build the team.

well, if it’s really not happening or didn’t go through, I think we shall hear about it from MS or IOI themselves pretty soon, presuming this rumor/leak catches on really big.

No it seems it is happening with Xbox considering @Klobrille tweet, but it is at a super early stage.

1 Like

Even if it makes through all the stages and becomes a game, it would be very far away, after the 007 game, since it is not even announced and the studio has been founded only few months ago. I doubt it will be revealed this year.

it won’t be revealed for at least 2 more years IMO

Klobrille put a reminder of 28 months on the original tweet of his.

1 Like

FYI

The formation of a new studio means the game is going ahead. Microsoft wouldn’t front that investment otherwise.

1 Like
2 Likes

anyway excited, IOI is a guarantee in my book, i’d play even a ear wax removal simulator by them

2 Likes

I think it is MS itself that is leaking this. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

When I saw the news that they were opening up a new studio I did tell myself that a publisher has to be backing them and it looks like it is Microsoft.

We’re just being cautious, cus all sorts of things can change over time, but this is the game they’re hiring and building a team for.

22 Likes

Oh hi, Jez :wave:!

Fair enough, although my feeling of the situation is that the game has been greenlighted, but of course the game can be cancelled at any point, especially one that is super early in development.

By the way, any chance of a podcast tonight :wink:?

yeah my feeling is the game has been green lit, but given how early it is I’d say limit your expectations until a full blown reveal, which is why I didn’t wanna share many details.

and yeah me and Rand should be podcasting tonight unless work kicks me in the face or something. :slight_smile:

17 Likes