Will new entries in the Call of Duty series (NOT Warzone) be EXCLUSIVE to Xbox platforms?

I believe they will be until current contracts are up. Then it’s no man’s land. Microsoft can do whatever they want at that point since the IP will be first party. We just don’t know since it’s too early. Will be interesting to see what the future holds though.

1 Like

Yes, although it may be a few years depending on if Activision had any agreements in place with Sony for upcoming COD installments.

Eventually, but I do not really care, I’m very hopeful they all end up on Gamepass though after any Stupid Sony contracts stopping that from happening expire.

Regardless of what happens MS holds all the cards and Xbox owners will always be getting the better deal. I also hope this make Sony back off on all their stupid timed exclusive crap. If I were Phil I’d tell Sony we are going to buy Take Two and make GTA exclusive if they do not knock it off.

1 Like

Once that marketing deal ends it’s over. Warzone will stay on PlayStation because there is a userbase there. But every new entry will be Xbox exclusive.

I expect yes, but none of us knows, but I know one thing: Anyone who analyzes the wording of a tweet months before the deal is even finalized and claims to have deciphered an unambiguous answer is being silly.

I’d expect so, but can see the pro’s for MS of either option. Ultimately it’s a business decision that won’t affect me either way but at least I know for sure I’ll be able to play future COD games.

1 Like

Poll should have a 3rd option: Timed exclusive or early access (what I think will happen). Some sort of exclusivity (bigger than just some modes or DLCs) to push players towards Xbox or Game Pass while keeping it multiplat ultimately so it prevents a COD competitor from emerging and they still get the money from having the largest playerbase possible (MTX).

I do not think Xbox will ever make one of their games timed exclusive or give Xbox fans some perks. It’s either a full exclusive or its not.

This should be Xbox respond after all the contracts have expired and if any new COD will come to Playstation

2 Likes