Who do you think has the best exclusive line up for the rest of 2021

I was comparing strictly first party, that was my line of thinking. Then yeah, you could make the case that if timed deals like Deathloop are “ok” for that type of lists, also indies are, but they are also less impactful for sure 1vs1.

Psychonauts 2 isn’t exclusive. It predates the buyout so it will still come to ps4. However you did forget Mechwarrior 5 which is exclusive to xbox and is already out and is awesome.

1 Like

Oh, i searched and cant find any recent PS4 mentions.

Psychonauts 2 | Double Fine Productions

Also it was the only XGS game without “Xbox Console exclusive” (alongside AoE 4 because it’s pc only clearly) and the already released Grounded.

1 Like

They said awhile ago that they will fullfill all existing commitments. So since it started as a multiplat it stays that way. Interestingly there is not ps5 version listed, but an X|S version IS. So it maybe that microsoft funded a next gen port that the publisher did not.

1 Like

No way Ghostwire Tokyo is 2021. I have serious doubts about Horizon II as well. If Horizon II slips out, then it’s an easy win for Xbox.

1 Like

PC stay winning this year :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: largely getting the best of both worlds from Xbox and PS indies wise, and on the AAA side, Deathloop and Ghostwire Day 1 as well.

1 Like

I’m interested in more of the PlayStation games from those lists, but also the Xbox list would cost me nothing so… that one.

Funny 2 of Sonys timed exclusives are from MS studio’s. That tells you a lot as to how many studios MS now has and when they get rolling a ton of games will be coming out.

4 Likes

It was Kickstarted if I recall correctly, so they have customers who have already paid for a PS4 copy of the game. PS5 didn’t even exist at the time though, so Double Fine has no obligation to release a PS5 version.

I know it’s not exactly a one-to-one, but this really rankles me for that reason

Edit: I did not kickstart this!

Wow, that’s pretty dirty. I’d be pissed if I had kickstarted that game and ordered an Xbox copy!

1 Like

Xbox easily. There are 6 games I want from their list (and it will cost me almost nothing). On the PS side there is 1, and that might not even come in 2021.

If ghostwire and Horizon make it this year it’s a push. If either miss, it’s Xbox.

Considering we haven’t seen anything material on Stray yet and I bet Kena will disappoint when it lands, I’d easily say Xbox. Psychonauts 2 isn’t exclusive btw (it comes to PS4 too).

Still Sony, but just because of the 2 Bethesda exclusives. Otherwise MS would win.

If were talking 2nd half only i’d give the edge to PS5. Depends how halo does i guess

2021 Overall its not even a contest. As much as I dislike Sony. PS5 has clearly had a vastly superior year so far in terms of exclusives.

Xbox

• CrossfireX

• Darktide

• Chorus

Etc. etc. etc.

At least they are pricing it at £32.99, so right there that changes expectations. I really need to stop reading the other era because they will overhype things just for the sake of console wars.

Kena does look gorgeous, but its a bit of style kver substance, seems like a nice gamepass game.

And yes your right about stray, i just love the graphics in the trailer and the idea of controlling the cat.

But I think sometimes people are focusing to much on graphics. I love amazing visuals as much as the next person, but they cant fix a boring or broken game.

Some folks have the opinion that sony is about blockbuster, showstopper, Big AAA or whatever else they want to call them and Xbox is about smaller “filler” style games. I hate these people because its just incorrect, Xbox has just as many big showstopper games as sony, I think they may actually have more.

1 Like

Is crossfireX (campaign but) still coming this year? Was it ever? I’m super confused with that title. The bit remedy are doing would have been at E3 if it were this year?