Which of Xbox's Recent Cinematic/In-Engine Game Reveals Was Your Favourite?

With the TGAs mere days away, there is a chance that we may get another game unveiled via CG/In-Engine as well as hopefully some updates on some recently revealed games. That got me thinking, which of Xbox’s cinematic reveals over the last 2 years has been your favourite?

As a refresher, your choices:

Everwild

Senua’s Saga: Hellblade 2

Project Mara

Forza Motorsport

State of Decay 3 https://youtu.be/0mJQqTzDp28

Avowed

Fable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVkSZXPklQ4

Perfect Dark

Indiana Jones

Starfield (basically)

Contraband

Outer Worlds 2

Redfall

• Everwild
  • Hellblade 2
  • Project Mara
  • Forza Motorsport
  • State of Decay 3
  • Avowed
  • Fable
  • Perfect Dark
  • Indiana Jones
  • Starfield
  • Contraband
  • The Outer Worlds 2
  • Redfall

0 voters

3 Likes

The best teasers, for me, were Hellblade 2 and Perfect Dark. My vote goes for Hellblade 2. That teaser gives me chills every time I watch it.

2 Likes

Perfect Dark. That dataDyne logo reveal was such a great moment for me (shame on me, I didn’t recognized the Laptop Gun earlier in the trailer).

And epic song.

1 Like

This one was surprisingly tough. Hellblade 2 was amazing, especially as it was in-engine and unveiling the hardware. Fable did a great job nailing the tone, as did Starfield and Avowed. Outer Worlds 2 was my runner-up, a hilarious trailer that understands both the upsides and downsides of cinematic reveals. Peak Obsidian humour.

But my choice is Perfect Dark. Everything from the mystery at the start of the trailer, to the little easter eggs for fans, up to the giant DataDyne logo and Joanna herself, complete with a British accent once more. And that music choice was amazing. My choice overall, and I think it’s very promising the director of cinematics for the game directed the trailer.

2 Likes

Avowed and Perfect Dark

2 Likes

Starfield followed by FM and Avowed.

Starfield and FM were at least in-engine and built some hype.

1 Like

Hellblade II is among the best trailers ever made

5 Likes

I like contraband because the song was such an awesome choice for the trailer.

1 Like

Probably Fable for me - just based upon the vibe of trailer, I think Playground has nailed the sound and visual style of the older games.

1 Like

This so much. The mushroom “kingdom” (?), the environment surrounding the sword atop of a skull, design of the elf, makes you really think “yeah this what I imagine as a childhood when reading fary-tale books”.

1 Like

Hellblade 2 hands down.

2 Likes

I have easily watched THAT HB2 reveal over 30 times. Still hauntingly good.

2 Likes

I’m a touch more excited to play Starfield, but the trailer for Hellblade 2 is exquisite. It took my breath away, during The Game Awards, and it’s nearly as potent two years later.

1 Like

Loved them all, but watching RedFall second time, reallly got me and I was like “this shit is awesome”.

1 Like

Hellblade 2 and not even close.

I have memorised the lyrics of the Heilung song even though I understand jack shit. :joy:

2 Likes

Wtf. lol

Yessirr.

I just sing it every now and then to hype myself up. It’s a perfect motivation track. :joy::muscle::triumph:

1 Like

It’s Hellblade 2 for me but The Outer Worlds 2 is a close second because that trailer is legitimately funny how it pokes fun out of trailers.

1 Like

Definitely Hellblade 2 for me, it helps that it came as such a surprise that very few saw coming and the trailer itself is really cool. After that I’d have to say Perfect Dark (I think there’s a lot of potential for Xbox to make her one of the brands most recognizable characters) and then Starfield.

1 Like

Hellblade certainly made an impression, but I’m going to give it to State of Decay 3.

That mood piece they put out was a statement.

They have a lot to prove and I think SoD3 will truly be their moment.

1 Like