Where do you intend to put your next gen consoles?

PS5 is going in my cabinet, Series X on my floor on a special stand.

This is solely for aesthetic reasons. I can’t fit Series X standing up. PS5 looks 1000% better on its side.

Probably on the floor. Problem is with 13 cats, lots of hair finds its way on to the mainboard.

1 Like

Dresser in my bedroom

13 cats? Holy shiiiiiiiiiit. Haha.

Yeah they keep me busy.

1 Like

Found a few things that could work

The X would fit down there in the first two pics, but I don’t know. It should get a better place. I might just go with planks like the last pic and either have that behind the TV on the wall or on the side wall next to the TV.

1 Like

The X might be too big to put under my tv unit. I think it’ll fit, but might look ridiculous. I wonder if it’ll be alright to stand up behind it, on the carpet :thinking:. Or maybe put a little stand behind the cabinet and stand it up on that.

I will put the console behind the TV to some extend. The power button and disk tray will still be behind, but at the side not obscured by the TV. The paring button will be below the TV, but anything else will be behind the TV.

Sadly I have not other option. Need to see how it looks.

I’ve been thinking about where my Series X will live for a while now.

Originally I thought behind the TV which is wall mounted. However because I tend to pull it away from the wall and twist it to the side depending on what else I may be doing in the room, I instead decided it’ll sit on top of my PC which lives beside the TV / entertainment unit.

However I figured it’d look a little budget just sitting on top of the PC chassis, so I made a little wheeled caddy and tabletop for my PC to live inside of. Gave me an excuse to make some sawdust and also a new home for the Xbox.

I’m also going to have a second Series X in the same room for when a buddy visits for gaming sessions, and that one will probably spend most if its time horizontal on some existing shelves.

1 Like

I’m going to remove xbox one x and maybe the ps4 pro.I’ll have plenty of space beside the TV for my XSX!

Haha, nice one!

That’s the problem I have here, I have a 65 inch C9 that takes up all of the space of the upper side of the cabinet it’s standing on. Next week I’m gonna check some stores like Ikea, see what they got.

Completely behind the TV is not an option because I have my Switch there too and sometimes the wireless controller doesn’t register properly at all while playing Mario Kart. I assume it’s because the TV is blocking it but I’m not sure. Also, the X deserves a place where I can see it.

I had the same issue with Switch, it sits next to my TV to the right now instead of behind lol

Good to know!

I’ll move it away from there too then. I started to think my switch pad was dying or something.

I have a hanged TV and the furniture below is super low, so not really an issue. In fact the low horizontal profile will make it better to keep the accessories on the furniture instead of over the Xbox like I do currently.

That’s a good idea too.

But i don’t trust my walls to carry the weight of this tv. These walls are very thin. I’m gonna have to think of something else.

I have a two tiered tv stand so that XSX will be horizontal on one level and the PS5 will be horizontal on the other.

I see, that can indeed be an issue, the new TVs are fine and not that heavy, but I wouldn’t risk it too if I had the doubt of the wall being too fragile XD

1 Like

Whoever it was that edited the first post here with that image, i want that extendable TV unit. I did a reverse image search on it and it seems to be asian. I love it. It’s probably not cheap, and it doesn’t really seem easily available.

Would you know how to order it? (the one that upped it) :slight_smile:

So, I have a large space ready for it. I plan to put it vertical as I feel it will have better air flow and stay cooler tbh. Hopefully it’s only twice as as tall as the One S on its side.

Horizontal under my tv stand.