When do we expect Wolfenstein 3 to release?

Wolfenstein New Order and Old Blood should get 4K updates first. These games are awesome but kind of stuck in the past.

1 Like

I have a theory that part of the reason why Wolfenstein 3 is on the back burner (besides Indiana Jones) is that Xbox want to wait a few years before making sequels to multiplatform Bethesda games that would be exclusive.

We’re seeing the reaction to Starfield and Redfall, and they are new IPs. It would be worse for sequels right now, but by the time Wolf 3 comes out, it will be 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 years after acqusition, so people won’t be surprised when it’s exclusive.

1 Like

My 2021 prediction aged well.

1 Like

But Indiana Jones would have become a thing pre-Xbox acquisition

Sure but they could have chosen to prioritise Wolf 3 and get it out ASAP to complete the trilogy, and then do Indy after. Clearly they didn’t do that and Indy is coming first.

Wolfenstein 3 as a November/December 2023 title sounds good to me, it will be a nice surprise for the June show. :sunglasses:

I don’t know about that, they announced Indiana jones as soon as they signed the deal with Disney, Wolfenstein 3 must have been 2 years in development at that point…

I care less about the 4k (but definitely won’t complain!), but they definitely need to update the frame rate, or motion blur, head bob, or something! These two specifically give me headaches after only 15 to 20 minutes. I haven’t played New Colossus yet to see if its any better.

1 Like