What's your hype level for Metroid Dread?

Lol of course not. Kinda crazy that it’s already almost out.

1 Like

For sure, gotta love Nintendo’s willingness to put off an announcement until it’s nearly in our hands! Gotta hate Nintendo’s willingness to let a great IP sit on the shelf for nineteen years between installments, though.

1 Like

Hype over 9000 man. I’m a Metroidvania lover so when I saw that I was so glad to see Metroid coming back. Loved what they showed but won’t watch too much as I want to discover everything by myself.

2 Likes

The 2D Metroids are some of my favorite games of all time…

A true sequel to Fusion, especially the return of Dread after it was cancelled a decade ago… my hype is skyhigh.

Very high for me. Just looks slick. Actually might get a Switch OLED just for the experience with it!

Only worry is how fresh it feels. Zelda made a big change dropping items, whilst this is more similar to what we have seen.

I’m looking forward to it but have tempered expecations. Mercury Steam are a decent dev but nothing special. While I enjoyed Samus Returns it wasn’t anywhere near Fusion or SM.

Also this game is 60 bucks. In an age where Hollow Knight and Ori were 30 bucks New…this has to blow those out of the water as far as content.

Whats a good discount? 45 bucks? that’s the lowest any 1st party title from Nintendo gets and rarely. Its not worth waiting 2 years for a 15 buck price drop. If you really wanna play it. Just buy it and then sell it afterwards. Nintendo’s switch games are expensive but they rettain value. Which is great since if I buy a garbage ass game like Pokemon Shield I’m able to sell it without too much loss. I won’t have that issue with Dread as I’m sure I’ll enjoy it. But if its too short and not as great as it could be then I do have the option to sell it.

Yep more or less around that price range. I pretty much rely on eBay vouchers and a few retailers where I use reward points (and when they have their own sales going on with vouchers) to do my pre-ordering for their first party. I pre-ordered Fire Emblem, Astral Chain and Animal Crossing and a few other games and managed to get them cheap with the above. For Fire Emblem I got really lucky because it was hard to find in the UK for a while when it came out. Their first party rarely go any cheaper than that. I wait for their first party to go cheap, almost never pre-order that.

I understand what you mean. For me its not worth waiting because I’ll lose interest in the game by then. If anything a lot of Nintendo games I’ve skipped or played very little of this gen because I know for certain they’ll get better ports for their next system

Astral Chain I played for about 2 hours and then realised I’m not touching that game until I can play it at 60FPS. Same with Age of Calamity Hyrule warriors. Game runs like garbage. Here I am playing Samurai Warriors 5 on Series X at 60FPS and you want me to paly a choppy button masher running at barely 25 FPS at times. Fuck that.

The original HW on Switch plays so much better at near locked 60FPS.

Bayonetta might look a bit dated. But that game BETTER run close to 60FPS at all times Or I’ll be fucking pissed. tbh I’m tempted to just wait until the next switch or Nintendo comes out to play Bayo 3.

1 Like

Do you usually play docked or undocked? And do you have a pc?