What's your game of the year 2020 so far?

Too many good games to pick one…Ori, FF7R, Ghost of Tsuhima, TLOU 2, Halo 3 MCC (PC), Streets of rage 4…And theres still big games to come for the rest of the year. Yeah, its too damn hard for me to pick one, i loved dem all.

This thread has made me realize I haven’t finished any new games in 2020 yet. So far Ori and TLOU are front runners though from what I played so far. Hopefully I can add Halo and Cyberpunk to that list too.

Streets of Rage 4

Best beat em up ever

Ori: WotW

Yakuza Kiwami 2

A tossup between Ori and Gears Tactics for me. Both are just amazing. Probably slight edge to Ori.

As for my most anticipated, Avowed for announced with Fable close behind. FH5 and Fire Emblem 17 for unannounced but basically confirmed.

I have this problem too. The only 2020 games I’ve played are Ori and Streets of Rage 4. Everything I played this year came from Gamepass.

That being said my game of the year out of all the games I’ve played this year is Yakuza 0

Jesus how the hell did I forget about Streets of Rgae lol

As much as I love Streets of Rage though, Ori is a better game.

My 2020 completed games thus far -

1. Ghost of Tsushima - 9.5/10, my current goty (Cyberpunk 2077, AC Valhalla and Halo Infinite are the only games I see being contenders)
  2. Darksiders Genesis - 8.5/10
  3. Resident Evil 3 - 8.5/10
  4. Remnant: From the Ashes - 8.0/10
  5. The Last of Us Part II - 8.0/10
  6. Trials of Mana - 8.0/10

My top 5 for the rest of 2020 -

1. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
  2. Cyberpunk 2077
  3. Halo Infinite
  4. Outriders
  5. Gears Tactics

So far it’s Ori but I’m really looking forward to Halo, Watch Dogs and Cyber Punk.

Does Xenoblade Chronicles DE count?

ABSOLUTE MASTERPIECE

Otherwise:

2.FF7

3.Ori WOTW

No interest in TLOU2 but still want to play Ghost of Tushima.

I finished

1. Dreams (PS4)
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4)
  3. Bleeding Edge (Xbox One)
  4. Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Xbox One)
  5. Streets of Rage 4 (Xbox One)
  6. Animal Crossing New Horizons (Switch)
  7. Resident Evil 3 (PS4)
  8. Minecraft Dungeons (Xbox One)
  9. The Last of Us Part II (PS4)
  10. Ghost of Tsushima (PS4)
  11. Carrion (Xbox One)

Emotionally my GOTY would be The Last of Us Part 2 or maybe Final Fantasy VII Remake. Gameplay-wise it would be Ori and the Will of the Wisps…

PoE2 Deadfire, don’t sleep on this people!

Yakuza 0! I have a PS4 but never got into this series. Game Pass got me to actually play and beat Yakuza 0, 1 and 2. I can’t believe how good these games are! I’m so pumped for Yakuza 7 later this year.

I ended up buying 3-6 on my PS4 but there was an obvious drop in quality from Kiwami 2 to OG 3. I might just jump ahead to 6 and return to 7 on XSX.