What's the deal with Killer Instinct? Bandai Namco may be involved in a Killer Instinct sequel

Interesting. Honestly not sure then. I do like the sound of Namco being behind a KI game though. A Japanese take on Killer Instinct makes a lot of sense.

1 Like

Uh…yeah bro, I already said it’s in active development

12 Likes

I wonder if this fits in line of “Huh. Interesting” that you mentioned early. I know you won’t tell us, but it is interesting to see who can be the “chosen one.”

Bamco did do a great job taking over the reigns of doing the heavy lifting on smash brothers. So who knows… if Ken Lobb, Adam Isgreen, and/or a few other ki big wigs come up to be the ki version of Sakurai… it could work out.

3 Likes

Jez is the only one who still remember KI on internet, appreciate it a lot :’ )

If Bamco truly is making a new KI, i think finally fixng Tekken 7 so it’s no longer 720p on xbox could be a nice sign of good faith.

KI never got the love it deserved

Being an xbox one exclusive never gave it the exposure it deserved but a KI2 on much more popular systems/gamepass/pc at launch with a bigger budget

Happy Hugh Jackman GIF

3 Likes

Killer Instinct came out at a BAD time as a launch title for the Xbox One. When everyone wanted to avoid the Xbox One like the plague. Like you said this time around it’ll release on a more popular console plus PC.

1 Like

Just want to remind everyone that Sadira is best girl.

3 Likes

She was honestly one of my favorites to play!

KI was the best fighting game of last gen imo. Whoever is in charge of it need to make it even better than the xbox one version which was a very feature rich game and played smooth online

9 Likes

That’s an odd way of spelling Hisako.

3 Likes

Thats a good idea…though I would have thought Capcom would be better sutied to make it. KI is closer to SF in design than it is to Tekken or SC…then again Tekken 7 was amazing and SFV was shit. So who knows.

Agreed. Remember at EVO when they got booed? Some class. It was still my favorite fighter last gen. If things improve and beyond this time, oh man.

3 Likes

False beat girl is riptor

1 Like

5 Likes

Hopefully this is true and just a first step to making a dedicated team that makes fighter games.

Can you imagine after Killer Instinct MS, then makes their version of Super Smash Bros, but with Xbox characters.

As for Killer Instinct I hope the next game has a story mode. I love those with either Mortal Kombat or Injustice and getting to see all the different halstories in the Killer Instinct universe would be nice.

It also would be nice if the next game wasn’t sold in bits and pieces, but as a whole game instead.

1 Like

I always feared fighting Riptor players. My hardest match up. Lol!

That’s the least likely outcome, all FG have become GaaS more or less.

Sadly your most likely right, but one can only hope that won’t be the case.