What you were doing at the moment when Activision Blizzard acquisition news dropped?

Literally just woke up, so I was checking the news in the morning, like I normally do. Had to read over the headline a couple of times for it to truly sink in, at first I thought it was just one of those random rumors.

2 Likes

Woke up and checked LinkedIn. It was one of the first things in my feed and I audibly gasped lol

I headed over to OtherEra first for the drama. I’ll admit I got more of a kick out of the Bethesda reactions, but this was still very good.

2 Likes

:rofl:

I also saw this while at work looking at linkedin, then headed to otherera first for drama just like you :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Was walking my dog Joanie and while browsing twitter I see someone post about rumors of xbox buying Activision which I thought was nonsense and 3 minutes later the deal was announced :skull:

3 Likes

I just woke up and checked twitter, went onto another site for a few minutes and then checked twitter again and saw the Schreier tweet about it. I swear my half asleep brain made dial up noises trying to process what the hell i was reading lmao

1 Like

Drinking my morning coffe and checked Xboxera a few minutes after that first thread was posted.

1 Like

I woke up around 10 am by an early phone call. I was thinking to sleep for another hour but I decided to check on the site updates, starting with this place. The moment I saw the breaking news thread, I never went back to sleep and I was fully awake like someone injected coffee in me.

I went to Twitter to see if the news is real and not a troll. I saw Klob’s famous three words and long behold, it’s real. I went to speak with my brother and I couldn’t mouth a word on what just happened. It’s still surreal to see it even happened. What a day and it’s only January.

2 Likes

I was playing Valorant. Saw Jason say the rumour thing so I shared it to a few people backing it up with the knowledge I have about leaks,news,etc(no, i’m not a leaker, i mean im well informed and they arent).

Literally 1 hour later or so I’m on the bus to work and boom Xbox confirms it. I almost screamed in the bus xD

2 Likes

I just finished Borderlands and saw a Jason Schreier tweet in the XboxEra discord. Clicked on it, started laughing.

“Haha, Schrier with a 1 or loeercase l”

Then I saw it was Schreier and then a literal minute after the XboxWire tweet.

1 Like

It was in the afternoon for me, got home and had a lot of stuff to do so it took a while before I sat down to check the forums. Almost choked on my coffee and sat there for hours just reading and taking it all in.

Forgot about prepping dinner, got yelled at for that and I tried to argue it was important gamer business. Slept on the couch.

14 Likes

Did you yell out “7” ? :thinking:

2 Likes

Haha, no but I counted studios and laughed out loud :rofl: It was a bit surreal tbh. Still is kind of.

1 Like

Du är en fantastisk besvikelse @Mort

2 Likes

I dropped my daughter off at school and took the dog out for a walk. It’s cold as hell here right now so I just stuffed my phone in my coat pocket. Came back inside started to make coffee and remembered my phone was in my pocket and wondered why I had so many notifications. Then I looked and yelled “Holy Shit!”. I had to sit down. Scared my fiancé but once I told her what was happening she said “should I buy more Microsoft stock?” Me “YUP!”

4 Likes

Was studying, then went to get some water while checking Twitter on my phone, saw the official announcement right away… Couldn’t study shit anymore lol.

3 Likes

Hahaha, thanks Prog.

2 Likes

I was playing Bioshock on switch and picked up my phone to see a Klobrille tweet that was less than a minute old with the news.

2 Likes

:risi:

2 Likes

I was working, then @beastmode10 hit up the Discord with the news and I almost thought he was joking.

It’s still a lot to process.

3 Likes

While waking up, I checked the tablet, had alerts from other discord server, saw the article and tweets then thought “So they’re really doing this? Today’s meltdowns are going to be something else. There goes getting anything work related done today.”

3 Likes