What was your first time when you was hyped on a game?

images - 2021-02-22T134605.727

Hyper Light Drifter in 2016. Tbh i was hyped for several games in 2016. But HLD is something I’d been following for years, going back to the initial concepts, pixel art on twitter, kickstarter, being inspired to make my own games after seeing it, it was all just crazy how much hype there was for this game for me. Then it released and I just played it and it was magic. Loved it start to end.

This is the same year that had Inside from Playdead, which was also something I was extremely hyped for, Limbo I can say actually legit changed my life back in the day and Inside came and blew it out of the water, became my game of the generation. I still talk about it (and that ending) with my friends and family to this day and we still find new things and interpretations.

In recent memory, some of the most hyped games were Sekiro, which is my second best game of the generation, or a tie with Inside tbh. Then of course cyberpunk, which had several issues even outside technical, but I still ended up enjoying the game a lot. There haven’t been many games that I was hyped for but ended up disappointing me deeply. :sweat_smile:

Super Street Fighter 2 on Megadrive. My best friend and I played literally thousands of vs games. I was so pumped when I got it.

I think the first game I was ever super hyped for was the original Star Wars Battlefront II by Pandemic.

Then my hope for Star Wars Battlefront III was unrivaled. Then it was cancelled.

Then I was super hyped for Gears 3 after getting my 360 a few months before its release, so I pre-ordered that!

Then, the most hyped I was for a game after that (and ever) was… unfortunately… Scalebound. My friends still tease me to this day about it. And Windows Phone. lol

Thankfully, The Wolf Among Us 2 got un-cancelled, so I no longer have a cancelled trifecta… its just a duo now.

1 Like

First game that was ever preordered

Halo Reach was my first xbox 360 game :smiley: