What Remains of Edith Finch Series X|S Update is available now. Outer Wilds Series update hits September 15th. Both Are Available with Game Pass

Originally published at: What Remains of Edith Finch Series X|S Update is available now. Outer Wilds Series update hits September 15th. Both Are Available with Game Pass - XboxEra

What Remains of Edith Finch just got a shiny new Xbox Series X|S version free update today as announced at the Annapurna Interactive showcase. Originally released back in 2017 and available now in Xbox Game Pass the game holds an 88 on Opencritic and is widely regarded as a masterpiece.

The update is available today and you can try it out now on console and PC as part of your Game Pass sub (if you have one that is).

Also announced was the planned Series X|S update for one of my favorite games of the last gen, Outer Wilds. Also available on Game Pass this is a title many Xbox players may own thanks to the gone but not forgotten Mix Pots of past E3 showcases on the Mixer platform. The update for this all-time classic hits September 15th.

You can expect reviews for both titles to hit Xbox Era from our crack writing and video team soon after their next-gen updates.

5 Likes

I’ve had Outer Wilds in my backlog forever… (shocking huh, @peter42O ) Looks like waiting once again pays off, haha.

3 Likes

I’m 100% reviewing it in September, might mostly play the PC version for footage so I can have it out that day and just check the make sure the xbox series version is good before pushing it live. incredible game, one of the best of the generation

3 Likes

Hahaha. The only time im shocked is when you DON’T have a game in your backlog. :smiley:

Hope you enjoy the game!!

1 Like

Series update for Outer Wilds: great news! A perfect opportunity to play the game and experience something new if you haven’t played it yet (like me :frowning_face: ) I really like it when a game gets the ‘X|S treatment’.

1 Like

Story-wise, Edith Finch is elite. One of the best storytelling sequences in games I played. Calvin and Lewis’s sequences were especially so emotionally impactful to me.

5 Likes

Not gonna lie. Your opening comments in this one had me chocking up

Beautifully said, sir

3 Likes

Same… Damn.

1 Like

Thanks lads :blush: Was getting a bit retrospective in my old age.

1 Like

I’ve never played What Remains of Edith Finch. Seems like a perfect time to give it a whirl. Great review Jon!

1 Like