What Remains of 2022?

With game delays being announced almost weekly, what games are you looking forward to that will likely release between now and December 31? (can include games that have released already in 2022 that’ll keep you occupied for the remainder of the year)

My short list:

• High on Life
  • Eyes in the Dark (PC) -came out a month ago
  • Cult of the Lamb
  • Saints Row
  • The Callisto Protocol
  • Scorn
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II
  • Gotham Knights
5 Likes
  • Soul Hackers 2: Really excited to play my first Atlus game on Xbox, plus I’ve been craving for some more turn-based games to play this year. This game looks quite intriguing from the trailers.
  • Temtem: This sounds like a fun time, being a “Pokemon clone” with online. I really enjoy monster-catching games so I’m looking forward to this one.
  • Deliver Us Mars: I thought the first game was pretty nice and surprisingly enjoyable. Really happy it’s getting a sequel.
  • Persona 5 Royal (Xbox): Been wanting this on Xbox for so long, of course I’m gonna play it. Excited to see what the praise is all about.
  • Gotham Knights: I’m interested in this as a fan of the Arkham games and Batman in general, but I’ll only play it once it goes on sale, since I’m not a fan of paying $70 just yet, which means I probably won’t play it this year.
  • Pentiment: The concept of the game’s pretty interesting, and it’s on Game Pass, so I’m definitely looking forward to playing this.
  • Sonic Frontiers: Huge Sonic fan, so no doubt I’m going to get this. The initial showing was a little rough but subsequent showings have shown noticeable improvement. I’m feeling pretty optimistic about this game, as it’s pretty ambitious and previews of the demo have been positive.
3 Likes

I’m just going to put the ones that interest me but i might not end up getting before the year ends or wait to see how they rate for any possible issues.

Saints row Soul hackers Steel rising Temtem Grounded Gotham knights Modern Warfare 2 Pentiment Persona 5

2 Likes

3 Likes
  • Bayonetta 3 - Almost 8 years (holy crap…) have passed since Bayonetta 2 came out on the Wii U so yeah you could say that as someone who loves the series I can’t wait to play this! November will be a Bayonetta 3 month for me.
  • Soul Hackers 2 - Can’t wait to play my first Atlus game! so happy that this comes to Xbox too! it’s also turn-based so this couldn’t be any better. :partying_face:
  • Persona 5 Royal - Same as the above, Royal supposed to be an even better version of the vanilla game. Royal will probably be my holiday season game.
  • Omori - Everything I’ve read about this game sounds so intriguing that I have to try it out, I am also a big fan of Undertale so I already like the look of this.
  • Resident Evil Village: Winter’s Expansion - Village was excellent so having an excuse to go back to it sounds great to me, though I generally don’t have high hopes for this one since RE expansions all peak (at best) at pretty good quality I’d still like to see the closure (I guess?) of Rose’s story. Too bad that she probably won’t be the protagonist of RE9. :frowning:
  • The Callisto Protocol - Dead Space is one of my favorite series ever so I can’t wait to see what this dream team from ex-Visceral developers have created with this game. This will most likely be the Dead Space 3 that the series deserved in the first place.
  • A Plague Tale: Requiem - I was not that interested in the first game but I gave it a go because it was on GP and I ended up adoring it (another reason why GP is great), I really enjoyed both the story/characters and the gameplay and the sequel looks even better. Asobo is one talented studio for sure.
  • Somerville - This one looks so beautiful and atmospheric, can’t wait to play this. I still think that there is still hope that we will see it this year, maybe we will get a new trailer at Gamescom with a release date. :crossed_fingers:
6 Likes
  • Saints Row
  • Persona 5
  • A Plague Tale Requiem
  • Callisto Protocol
3 Likes

Persona 5 alone will take up the rest of the year for me…

5 Likes

Saints Row, Plague Tale, Persona 5. Those should last me the rest of the year!

2023 is going to be wild.

2 Likes

Including the month of August, the remainder of 2022 is as follows for me (in order of release) -

1. Sword and Fairy: Together Forever (after working four out of five days, im off the next three days so I can finally start this game and put some hours into it. messed around for 90 minutes or so last week and enjoyed what I played.)

2. The Ascent: Cyberheist expansion (loved the base game and for $10, im day one and will play this after I complete Sword and Fairy.)

3. Steel Rising (after Greedfall, I became a fan of Spiders and while im not into souls games at all, the difference here is in the accessibility options. you can turn off losing your acquired “souls” upon death, give more leeway to how much stamina you use and other options. the not losing what I gained when dying is enough for me. rest will be a bonus.)

4. Evil West (looks like an old school fast paced shooter that is said to play well and is my kind of game. the developer flying wild hog is starting to get on my developer list with this and Space Punks which should hit consoles in 2023.)

5. A Plague Tale: Requiem (out of 17 chapters, I only disliked a single chapter in the first game (#14) and loved everything else so im really looking forward to Requiem and Amicia is definitely older and much more capable compared to the first game which will make the combat very satisfying.)

6. Gotham Knights (while im still hoping this game gets delayed to 2023 simply because it’s between Requiem and GOWR which is kind of annoying. either way, it’s day one and will be playing as Batgirl due to the simple fact that her gameplay has looked by far the best of all four characters and best of all, the camera is no longer up the protagonist’s ass like in the Arkham games. win win.)

7. God of War Ragnarok (my current favorite to be my 2022 game of the year. GOW was my 2018 goty and my #2 best game of the PS4/XBO generation. Will be a masterpiece yet again. Can’t wait!!)

8. The Callisto Protocol (this game looks insane. brutal, violent, decapitations, dismemberment’s, etc. hell yeah, let’s go!!)

2 Likes

Definitely looking forward to The Ascent DLC & Evil West :video_game: :sunglasses: :+1:

3 Likes

How are you all missing the next Monkey Island from Ron Gilbert and Co.?

Thats the most important game of the year. As for other stuff? I will play the new Plague Tale, Persona and Pentiment on Game Pass for sure. Maybe Wadjet new game Old Skies makes 2022, but they have not named a date yet.

2 Likes

Biggest thing left this year that I’m pretty definitely buying is Soul Hackers 2. I might even get it day one on Xbox to give JRPGs a little support on the console. Other than that there’s a few things I might buy like Saint’s Row or Gotham Knights but those I kind of want to see what kind of critical reception they get and odds are I’ll maybe wait till they are discounted a bit, or God of War but I’m DEFINITELY waiting till that is discounted a bit. £70 is a bit much to justify for a game when I got a backlog to clear. I am also looking forward to Plague Tale, Pentiment and High on Life when they hit game pass too.

1 Like

A Plague Tale: Requiem is easily my most anticipated game of 2022, the first game was fantastic.

I’m also looking forward to seeing how Evil West & Gotham Knights turns out.

3 Likes

GoldenEye 007 :shushing_face: @Shpeshal_Nick

6 Likes

:crossed_fingers: :sunglasses: :video_game:

1 Like

Pentiment, Soul Hackers 2 and the No More Heroes 3 port to Xbox

1 Like

I’m almost hesitant to put out a list because I’m afraid I’ll jinx it with delays! Of games with dates, I’m fairly excited/interested in:

-TMNT Cowabunga Collection

-Splatoon 3

-Evil West

-Trails from Zero

-Plague Tale Requiem

-Mario & Rabbids 2

-Bayonetta 3

-God of War Ragnarok

-Callisto Protocol

2 Likes

Scorn and Plague tale 2 will be my holiday games, Ill also try out anything else interesting on game pass.

2022 did see a huge amount of delays

1 Like

I totally get the fear of jinx, (Evil West :eyes:), luckily one was only pushed back to November :sweat_smile:

Darktide (barely, unless pushed again). Vermintide was seriously fun if you take a bit of time to learn the mechanics. I’ve been playing Vermintide 2 for almost 2 years with my kid and his friends.

If you play solo, Vermintide 2 takes a bit to grind characters to be decent bots. But if you do and use some online bot guides, it’s still fun in single player!

I would like to play the original Vermintide on Xbox but can’t get past 30 fps. Vermintide 2 runs at 60fps and some vistas are just awesome! More than once my group stood around looking at some beautiful areas, only to be swarmed by the semi-random hoard encouters!

So fun! :grin:

1 Like