What mobile phone games does Xbox era play?

Slay the Spire and Paper please.

I’m surprised how many gamers here are mobile gamers, Phil was right to get ABK due to Mobile.

Looking forward to Mobile GamePass perks for candy crush, Warcraft rumble, hearthstone card packs etc

1 Like

I think mobile gaming is still largely associated with rather simple games on phones. But we’re seeing more and more “proper” games released, with Google Play available on phones, tablets, TVs, dedicated handhelds and even PC these days.

Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo really need to adjust or they’ll be steamrolled by Google and Apple at some point. (Still a few years off. But you can see the writing on the wall.)

1 Like

I think much of the simplicity mind set of mobile games come from their touch controls.

I can ‘destroy’ my kids in most games using controllers or keyboard & mouse - but mobile? I’m not ashamed to say they are much better than me in ‘most’ games :joy:.

As more and more new generations come into gaming mobile gaming will easily become the norm as will touch controls. Especially as mobile games can now put out some impressive graphics too!

As you say I think the writing is on the wall too!

3 Likes

From what I’ve heard kids these days don’t even understand how to use controllers, they use touch screens.

We are relics of the past, a niche of gamers who are being replaced by younger gamers, zoomers if you will, who are happy with GaaS F2P mobile touch screen games and these games generate much much more $$$ than anything in the market combined

2 Likes

I can only speak for my own kids but they are definitely much more capable of quickly navigating a character through a obstacle course using touch controls over a controller or a mouse. I sometimes try to play ‘obby’ courses with them on Roblox and really struggle with movement.

They both struggle with the dual stick layout , however the single stick layout for multiplayer games on Switch is absolutely fine. I think it’s just the whole hand eye coordination with looking and moving.

They are also both used to free games, if they had to pay for them it would completely change their gaming habits. Because I have to approve them through parental controls it’s not uncommon for me to get 5-6 different approval requests (each) a day. All different types of games and all free.

2 Likes

These days kids grow up with an iPad in their lap, it’s no wonder they go to Mobile touch games

1 Like

Yep and it’s only going to exacerbate, I noticed it with my own kids and they are only three years apart.

The kids toys available to my second were far more ‘techy’, many of them had screens and/or touch screens. I have no idea what’s available now but I assume it’s only progressed further.

Clash of Clans

Jewel in the Xbox app.

The last mobile games I played were Forza Street and Gears Pop, the latter of which I really loved the idea of but it was too focused on getting money from people and could have used more content that didn’t involve playing against other players.

I did play a few windows phone games back in the day.

I’ve been really enjoying marvel snap!

Quick fun card game with nice progression, and the best part for me is I can play in portrait one handed !

1 Like