What is the story behind your Xbox Gamertag?

It’s pretty simple.

rutgerlundgren

3 Likes

It’s an abbreviation of a nickname that was used by my mates to mock my real name in middle school. So I decided to own it. It’s been my Gamertag since day one.

1 Like

I’m curious how many people here have never changed their gamertag? I changed mine in 2013 but it’s been unchanged since then.

I have never changed my Gamertag.

3 Likes

My wife gave me mine. She typed it in when I took a restroom break setting up our Xbox 360. It’s a mix of Ace Ventura 2 (white devil) and her sister’s repeated vehement and loathsome responses to my calm and frequent calling out of her hippocracies and logical fallicies: “you’re the fucking devil, man!” (The sister and I don’t speak. Ever.)

So, now, WhiteDevilMan.

1 Like

Never changed my gt

1 Like

Still rocking the same gamertag since 06, Badguy21. My user name on TeamXbox back in the day was TheBadGuy so that just carried over.

2 Likes

Same!

1 Like

My gamertag is DontSaySlurs

It’s pretty obvious

2 Likes

I used to be a lighting engineer in a theatre and was called the “Lamptramp” or the “Randomlampy” depending on whim. I flipped a coin and chose the latter, though I am starting to re-own the former. I assume I grabbed it day one, would be nice to see exactly which day it was created that was several email addresses ago.

5 Likes

My gamer tag is Konvict VIVIVI, I was a huge fan of Akon back in the day and when I got my 2nd 360 after being impressed by Modern Warfare at a friends house I signed up for Xbox live and had to think of a name, and naturally i fell onto Konvict, because it looked cool.

The VIVIVI part is because I wanted something that stood out so I decided to have 666 (the sign of the beast is also something I find interesting) so instead of it looking a bit lame Konvict 666, I decided to mix it up with some Roman numerals, and boom there we are.

I’ve had people blast out Akon tracks in CoD lobbies and still to this day when I’m playing CoD I occasionally get some people wondering what the VIVIVI part is then the penny drops and they’re like “Ohhhh it’s 666”.

3 Likes

David Hilbert is my favorite mathematician(hence my username and profile pictured in the eras), and my gamertag across all systems is the name of the mathematical philosophy he advocated, Formalism.

Also in real life I tend to dress very formal, never go anywhere without a tie, so people that know me think thats the source of the name.

2 Likes

Mines pretty simple, it’s a play on the football (soccer) team I support Sheffield Wednesday.

2 Likes

Combination of franchises I love and enjoyed which is Halo and Crysis GT: HaloCrysisKIA88

2 Likes

All my usernames in gaming are related to Knights of the Zodiac, a very popular anime in Brazil. When I chose “DeusJabu” i was struggling to finding something without numbers in that criteria. So I made a pun with Deus (God) + one of the weakest character in the series.

Now this tag is my all time favorite.

2 Likes

Bump!

Anyone else want to share the story behind their Gamertag?

Go on, you know you want to.

In college I wrote a lot of small comedy stories about everyday subjects mixed with politics, and they had a very grumpy tone. A colleague of mine shared one of these chronicles in his blog and called me a “young grumpy man” because of how the way I wrote, and it stuck with me in a positive way, so I’ve kept it ever since.

It’s a long name, so it was easily available in PSN, Xbox and any website on the internet.

2 Likes

lmao is it weird how mine is just my name? I’m going through all of these others here and fascinated by so much variety and history and I’m here like “ok, it’s just my name, I guess”

However my steam ID is “ruthwik_coupdegrace” the latter part which was based on the ultimate move of Mortred The Phantom Assassin in the game DotA, back in the day. I was big into that game back in the day, I really liked the phrase and it was largely based on it being euphonic and this concept of being the final hit that kills.

2 Likes

I have no imagination for this kind of thing. SRF1981 is my initials & the year I was born.

This is also why my name on here is Steve. It’s what everyone calls me :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

You could have gone with Dave :joy:

1 Like