What is one thing you do NOT want to see from the PS5 event tomorrow

Big third party exclusivity deals can die in a fire.

Dead Rising 3/4? Nah. Street Fighter V? Annoyed. Rise of the Tomb Raider? Confused, but still annoyed. Death Loop? The hell? Ghostwire: Tokyo? I’m mad.

Anything else? I’m boycotting the game for a while… cheap sale… but it’ll be hard if Final Fantasy XVI does it.

Sorry for being negative, but I get really upset with third party pubs doing these kind of deals. Especially on established franchises.

3 Likes

I’m in a similar position and it’s weird. I consider myself a fan of the series but I also haven’t loved anything that’s come out of it for the past twenty years.

2 Likes

Exclusive content and moneyhats have been said to death already, so I will say the thing I would like to see a break from is no reveals of very obviously years off games or “dream games” (but read the fine print). In particular I think discourse wise I want a few years before ever knowing about the next Naughty Dog Game. A very refreshing thing from their june event was the fact it seemed like games many are implying will at least be aiming for 2021. I’d like to see that continue but doubt it does if we see rumored stuff like FF16 or Silent Hill.

Agreed

So essentially what Sony did with their 2016 E3 lineup where they just unloaded every game they had for like 3-4 years out.

Ugh, I hated that E3. Show me a bunch of cool games I don’t get to play for years? GoT JUST came out! All my hype is long-dead.

1 Like

I don’t want any money hats.

We don’t need Street Fighter VI locked onto a specific console.

I’m fully prepped for money hats a plenty. The question is are they of the Tokyo Ghostwire and Deathloop category or more substantial?

I cant see Starfield being exclusive I mean what would be the point of that? They know they’ll sell healthily on both systems. Same with people fearing that GTA6 will be a year exclusive. Not a chance.

I can see FF being exclusive. Though quite what Square gets up to is baffling.

I fully expect 2 of your don’t wants and 3 of your wants. We will see tomorrow!

1 Like

Don’t want to see a weak ass shady Sony going so low using moneyhats timed 3rd party games and “Playstation advantage” content tricks to bring people to their platform.

FFXVI I’m ready to be really annoyed unfortunately if it is the case

I don’t like this kind of Sony using bastard tactics

I also don’t want them to hide anymore and show what they have in store for the future.

Stop keeping cards close to the chest and playing this hide and seek with MS. Go full speed. Competition is great I want both to be successfull.

I want to see a strong agressive Sony coming with catalog from their 1st party studios or other games that would have not see the light if not funded otherwise I’m fine with it but depriving another platform from content I sure as hell hate this.

1 Like

I’m really hoping silent hill isn’t revealed as a PS exclusive. I will be very, very disappointed.

1 Like

I kind of expect that tomorrow. God of War teaser, MP for LoU2, more Ratchet, forbidden West, demon’s souls, and moneyhats

1 Like

Cgi trailers, boring stuff we have already seen before.

4 Likes

That one Im sure will happen. Thats been in the rumors for too long.

For me it depends. I’m on board if Sony is developing it in house as rumoured. If it’s just another fucking moneyhat, less so.

I honestly don’t mind an exclusive announcement as long as its timed. Rand mentioned a few times that he believes FF16 will be a 1 year timed exclusive for PS5. While it sucks for people who want to play it, at least they’ll get to play it when it comes to Xbox.

Third party permanently exclusives are going the way of the dodo. I’m sure they’ll be more TIMED third party exclusives but that also gives me a chance to work on my back log, although I probably will eventually get a PS5 I would still rather play those games on the X. I could play FF7 Remake right now on the PS4 but I’d rather wait for the Xbox version.

I want the price to be as low as possible, so that I could get one sooner rather than later. It will be my secondary console, meaning that I’m under no pressure to get it at launch, but a low price is always good, and it might make MS be more aggressive with pricing as well. I also want to see Sunset Overdrive 2, but I’m at peace with the fact that’s simply not happening. More hopeless wishful thinking - BC support for older PS hardware.

Of course, as someone who’s only going to be playing on Xbox for the first year or two of the next generation, I don’t want to see any exclusivity deals, although I know that they’ll be there. At least don’t have them be for games that I care about.

No or late release date. Like 13th Nov Japan, 20th Nov NA and 4th Dec Europe. So not the staggered launch Ps4 did.

I don’t understand it at all, you start releasing games on Xbox and PC on what I imagine is a move to create and/or grow fanbases on those platforms and suddenly FF7 Remake is a timed exclusive and now FF16 is rumored to be a timed exclusive too…how does that even make sense? it’s like when Square wanted to release Kingdom Hearts 3 on Xbox Οne but they didn’t have any plans to release the prequels, I really don’t get what Square is thinking with those decisions.

Back on topic I will agree with most guys in here that I don’t want to see timed exclusive BS though I am sure that we will see a lot of those from Sony going forward. Oh well I guess getting the games one year later patched/more polished and probably with more content is not so bad, the only sure thing is that these deals won’t make me get a PS5.

1 Like

I was really irritated by the FF7R exclusive I have now to wait till it comes to Xbox

1 Like

Any massive multiplatform game being a timed exclusive. Starfield would be terrible because BGS games have done very well on Xbox, and of course the PC community love them so it would be quite shit. It has been a bit concerning hearing insiders claim that Sony have been very aggressive on that front.