What games on GamePass lead you to play an entire series?

For me the big one would be resident evil. Never played them before, played 7 on GamePass and loved it. Ended up buying all the games in the series on Xbox and have played through all of them except revelations so far

The other one would be Yakuza, enjoyed it so much I played 0-7 on GamePass and have bought both Judgement games.

3 Likes

The Surge 2.

It’s not really a series in the sense there’s only 2 games but after playing & completing The Surge 2 a couple of years ago via Game Pass, I bought The Surge 1.

Yakuza.

I played 0 on Game Pass, really enjoyed the story and setting. Bought all the others, but haven’t played them yet hehe.

4 Likes

Yakuza

I played Yakuza 0 and 2 on PS4, but didn’t really want to buy the remasters and other entries due to hearing mixed things about 3-5, and didn’t want to play 6 without playing the other games. The entire series releasing on gamepass allowed me to experience the entire series, which lead me to buying all future Yakuza games day one

2 Likes

Forza horizon, it feels like the poster child of success for game pass - it’s the first game to have multiple mainline entries launch on the service and they have exploded in popularity in that time. I don’t think I ever would have tried them without game pass and since then I’ve now acquired all 5 games, put hundreds of hours in across the series and bought the dlc expansions for multiple as well. Hell, I’ve even talked my friend into trying FH5 and they loved it, so I bought them the expansion pass and all (I think for christmas?).

All in all a series I never would have otherwise played and now I’ve spent a good chunk of money on.

3 Likes

Yakuza, i am a huge Sega fan and i looking for this series for a long time. When the series arrive on Xbox Game Pass i started to play and never stop. Played all 7 games from the series, and wainting for the new games :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Life is strange

4 Likes

Zero Escape

So good

3 Likes

Danganronpa for me, put me on to a new genre entirely. Though maybe not enough for me to buy the games outside of sales or deep discounts lol

2 Likes

Not so much playing the entire series, but a game I hadn’t touched prior to Game Pass was Persona, and loved.

1 Like

AI: The Somnium Files, A Plague Tales, and Ni No Kuni. There might be more but we’ll be here for a while.

1 Like

Zero Escape, Danganronpa and A.I. The Somnium Files.

1 Like

Yakuza, Gears of War, Danganronpa (in progress)

2 Likes

Yakuza, AI The Somnium Files, Danganronpa, Zero Escape, A Plague Tale

1 Like