What do YOU want to see in terms of Content from the XboxEra team?

Bumping this. I have been busy with health issues and renovating a new house and haven’t been able to contribute much to the site. If there is any written content you guys want to see more of I’d be happy to satisfy your content desires :slight_smile:

I have no skills editing audio or video but I can write some nice opinion pieces and maybe some investigative stuff if you’d be interested?

I may be out of line or whatever but I think you should take care of your health and house before wanting to write any content for the site. Like, some things are just more important and serious than gaming and the two things you listed would be on that list.

Not saying that you shouldn’t create content for the site or anything like that. I just think you should take care of yourself and home life first. :smiley:

2 Likes

No worries. I am healthier now. The problems arose back in March but I reversed it. The renovations usually take place on weekends.

1 Like

Okay, that’s good to hear.

Since everything is good, im looking forward to seeing what article(s) you write up. :smiley:

Video idea: These new consoles have quality of life improvements that are unknown to many folks. For example, the new Series controllers allow you to easily swap between PC and console connections. I’m seeing YouTube shorts and TikToks cover some of this but they have poor production quality and gloss over things in 30 seconds. Also, I’m not sure if they’re searchable or in any playlist.

So a “Tips n’ Tricks” playlist with a bunch of helpful tips that new Xbox owners and even veterans aren’t aware of.

For example, people jumping into the Xbox ecosystem from the PlayStation probably aren’t aware of the Xbox home screen capabilities with categories (you can even use emojis for category names), which is far better than what exists on any other platform. I sort games by genre but also by what I’m currently playing, as well as a Gamepass backlog.

A video that could go viral is “how to get free vBucks with Xbox Gamepass rewards” where you leverage Gamepass monthly, weekly, and daily challenges to get MS reward points and spend that on digital gift cards that can be used to buy vBucks. Feel like that I would go viral with the 13 and under market that plays Fortnite and depend on their parents for vbucks, heh. Yes the MS reward points could be used anything including more free Gamepass I just brought up vbucks to make it more attention grabbing.

Another example: setting your Xbox home screen wallpaper by downloading images from Microsoft Edge isn’t an apparent feature but, once you know of it, is very cool.

In fact ideas for these tips and tricks could be crowdsourced through a thread. And some things that seem obvious to us are definitely not obvious to new players. Things like the achievement tracker, and so on.

Because with all of these quality of life features, I prefer to play games on the Xbox over other platforms. But it’s nothing that’s covered or even acknowledged by the gaming media.

5 Likes

I’d suggest more hardware reviews. Companies like Hori and Razer put out Xbox hardware all the time and it almost never gets mentioned.

1 Like

I would personally love to see more videos like the E3 throwback ones with One bad mutha and Mike. Those videos were fun as hell just because of the nostalgia and the information that those 2 provided about certain topics.

Doesn’t have to be E3 they disect but anything to see Mike get disgusted at the site of Don Mattrick again :rofl:

3 Likes