What do you think xCloud will be called?

I mean, it’s only going to be a feature. Cloud Gaming is fine. It will be normal so you won’t be saying it anyways. Like how we stream on Netflix.

Yeah, maybe we shouldn’t treat it as a brand. We don’t talk about the download feature in Netflix as a separate brand either. :stuck_out_tongue:

The initial rollout will be a part of gamepass, but I got the impression that down the road it would be spun as its own thing. Like they said they want to enable streaming of your library outside of gamepass for example.

A user by the name of “agentspoon” on Gamefaqs came up with the name, “Game Pass Go” and I don’t think it can get much more perfect than that.

It fits the philosophy of gaming on the go or anywhere, it rolls off the tongue smoothly and it’s easy to remember.

They should keep it Xcloud

2 cents on name the game:

It will simply called: Xbox Cloud

Yes, and that’s why you will say: “You need Game Pass (Ultimate)” to stream. People aren’t going to really talk about this as a platform like PC or console.

it also inevitably ties the service to Game Pass, which can become counter to their future plans of making it a separate service that you could use to play games you already own in your library. Ofc GPU shall stay being the most “full” service while supporting every platform, game pass and your digital library of games, but I don’t see Xcloud staying locked to GPU forever. Maybe a 5 dollar sub just for xcloud down the line would make sense

But perhaps there’s no such plan.

I mean they might want to let it be tied to GPU forever and just add the feature to stream games you already own in the feature

very likely, but it won’t take off in non-first world countries then, that’s my only concern being from one of these countries where Xcloud is promised to come but at a cost that’s on the upper side which most people won’t be enticed by.

I can see it going either way, in Brazil gamepass ultimate is the same price as Netflix, so it’s not too prohibitive

I would just leave it as xCloud

Game Pass GO sounds good or just leave it XCloud.

I don’t think they would leave it as xcloud because it doesn’t really tell you what it is, they have to put what the service is in the name imo. That’s why Xbox Game Streaming fits so well.

Xbox Go