What are you currently playing?

Lost Judgment.

Decided to give this a second chance and currently just started Chapter 6. Trying to have this completed before February hits as my 2021 gaming list will finally be complete as I start fresh in 2022 with Dying Light 2.

Back to Lost Judgment, im liking the story and characters which are usually always great but the combat/gameplay after four previous games is just not doing it for me anymore. Was awesome when I started with Yakuza Zero but not anymore. Voice acting (yes, im using the English voices) is real good but that’s no surprise as Judgment was real good too. Visuals are what they are. Way too much NPC pop in to where it’s just ridiculous. Absolutely hate the forced stealth. It’s so horrible.

Can’t wait for Dying Light 2!!!

1 Like

Mainly Psychonauts 2 and loving it! I also recently finished the pedestrian. Played some windjammers 2 and once I’m done with P2 I’ll start death’s door.

4 Likes

Thanks to the Back Comp sale, I finally bought Aliens v Predator. Loving it so far. Rebellion did an excellent job making each character feel different.

1 Like

The Pedestrian, it’s pretty good puzzle platformer where you need to arrange a path to your goal.

3 Likes

Currently studying for some exams, but playing Breath of Fire 3 in my off time.

3 Likes

Just finished Metroid: Zero Mission, and as I’ve mentioned before it really is a fantastic example of how to do a videogame remake. Keep the spirit and overall design of the original, but with some QoL upgrades, a few new design and gameplay elements, and updated graphics. I loved almost all of it.

Why almost all? Well, I really wasn’t a fan of the stealth elements towards the end. That is not why I play a Metroid game, and I found them more frustrating than fun. And that’s from someone who likes games like Splinter Cell that is more or less all about that.

But added as an afterthought to a game in a genre it’s not particularly well suited to? No thanks.

Luckily, it’s really only a small part of the overall experience, so it didn’t come even close to souring me on the game. It did however make me less keen on playing Metroid Dread, as I hear that’s a big part of that game.

I think I’ll probably do Castlevania: Symphony of the Night next. It’s been in my backlog since I bought it for the original PlayStation.

1 Like

Finished Creaks a few days ago which was a great puzzle game, really fun and clever puzzles that keep introducing new mechanics until the very end of the game and some beautiful music and visuals. The last few days I am playing Ender Lilies which is very good so far, nice visuals and music, some cool ideas with the combat system, decent level design and great boss fights. The only complaint that I have are the really lackluster sound effects that lack any oomph, especially during combat it’s really noticeable and distracting.

Also played Nobody Saves the World for about two hours and dropped it, I liked the demo but after two hours I was bored out of my mind with this…it’s essentially Grinding: the game and the biggest problem is that the game is dull and boring AF. Thank god for Game Pass being a thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

After Ender Lilies I am definitely starting Lost Judgment which I am planning to beat before Elden ring arrives.

Hopped back into Guardians of the Galaxy on Series X

Really is a fantastic title

Not super challenging by any means but the combat and writing are both very fun and geeeez is this game colorful and fun to look at.

The banter between characters has me laughing consistently. Right on par with Armed and Dangerous on OG Xbox or South Park The Stick of Truth. Gaming humor so often misses the mark for me so this has been a delight. Really enjoying myself. There’s something special about going all in on a boss fight with New Kids on the Block’s Hangin Tough blaring in the background. Very unique game, and I hope it gets a sequel.

2 Likes

Decided to play Overwatch for the first time since playing the beta… People complain that COD is for casuals but I can’t jump into a random COD and do really well :laughing:. The game is actually super fun but I question whether or not half the player base have even played an FPS before.

Started Mario Golf Super Rush yesterday. Its so bad… I like the graphics itself, the cool ambientation it has where everyone is friendly and just having a good time with golf but as soon as the game starts introducing “golf races” and such it just becomes such a drag.

I enjoy the golf itself, but the special modes in the story just make no sense for me. Its like I’m playing the hardest game ever but its not, its just badly designed…

Luckily I’m also about to start a way better game on Series X. Red Dead Redemption. Started it years ago on PS3 but couldnt see anything because of the low res so I just decided to buy it on my X and play there, I believe it has some slight updates or at least works better than PS3.

I’ve now played through Biomutant now, I did enjoy it and it was obviously ambitious but didn’t really find the story interesting nor the characters. Will start KOA now it has new dlc.

Biomutant’s world is great and visually inviting but way too many systems which is more of a jack of all trades master of none type situation and the story/character were fine. I think the narrator hurts it as opposed to if there was full voice acting.

Watched a few videos for the KOA expansion and while it’s more KOA, it’s said to be pretty damn good so if you enjoy the base game, you should enjoy the expansion.

How much does that get in the way in Biomutant? Can you ignore some or do you have to use everything?

You can ignore majority of it. I had all the “gibberish” turned off where the characters would do that Lucky’s Tale/Banjo talk which I freaking hate and I had the narrator minimal to where he only talked during the story parts when talking to other characters. Doing this, it’s easily acceptable but as someone who highly favors voice acting in every game, it’s definitely not what I would have preferred.

In other words, unique idea but bad execution in my opinion. Plus, the world itself is great and this kind of takes away from it. At least it did for me.

Hm yeah, sounds like I’ll wait for Game Pass. Thanks

If you can get it or $20 or less, then I would say it’s worth a play-through but I spent more and wasn’t happy about it. Embracer do put their games on Game Pass so I can see it happening this year for Biomutant.

1 Like

Just finished with The Pedestrian, it was a really fun game with unmissable achievements, I enjoyed the puzzles and I felt more engaged with them than I did when I was trying out Gorogoa over Xcloud. I think just being able to control a character as you move around the world really makes all the difference with this game.

1 Like

The Legend of Heroes, Hajimari no Kiseki

My Trails series playthrough (started Nov 2020… Still not done!) continues. Not actually coming Westward till late 2023, but someone made a patch that applies a fan spreadsheet translation into the actual game, so at this point, why wait? Playing at the highest difficulty so even though I’m 20 hours in I’m only through 2 of the 15 or so chapters, last chapter I did took quite literally all day. There’s a spreadsheet translation being worked on for the newest game, Kuro no Kiseki, so hopefully that’s done by the time I finish this.

Half Life Alyx

My brother lent me his Quest so I’m playing some VR games I’m interested in. Obviously this was one of the go tos. I’m doing the achievement to carry the garden gnome through the entire game, pretty fun lol. Immersion factor is off the charts, you really do forget you’re only playing a game. I’m up to the point where you get the shotgun now.

Gal Gun 2 VR

Yeah I’m a filthy degenerate :joy:. Overall it’s fun enough for what it is and the dialogue had me laughing pretty good sometimes (a character calling another character a “filthy casual” because she only plays mobile games lmao). It is starting to get a bit old now though, but I’m almost done with it so it’s not overstaying it’s welcome. The boss fights might actually be the most fun I had with VR so far, surprisingly. A shame Xbox denied the newest game in this series from the platform, I’d have bought it :neutral_face:

The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles

This is actually 2 games bundled into one, so that’s why the playtime is so high (also because I interact with EVERYTHING and explore all dialogue lol). I did the first game back in Summer, then took a break, and now I’m very, very close to the end of the second game (last chapter). It might actually be my favorite Ace Attorney game which I did not expect going in. Once again, a damn shame this could not make it to Xbox (Capcom blames Ace Attorney Trilogy sales on Xbox, but it was a poor port IMO and was hardly advertised)

Magic Knight Rayearth (Saturn)

I’ll admit right away that this is a burned CD copy and I pirated this. It’s like $500+ dollars now and I don’t think it can be purchased officially anymore so… yarhar-fiddle-dee-dee for me. Anyway, it’s a pretty great Zelda clone and I was surprised to see that Sega themselves made it. The pixel art is fantastic and you get lots of anime cutscenes throughout the game which I love seeing in anime games. I think I’m about halfway through at 5 or so hours now, so it’s not a long game. I have not watched the anime series, and part of the reason I’m playing this is because these characters appear in Super Robot Wars 30 which is a game I’m interested in buying some day, so I wanted a little background on them lol.

THE BACKLOG

Utawarerumono series (Steam) - I’m going to need a great worldbuilding series to replace Trails when I have no more Trails games to play, and saw this get recommended, so I picked these up in the Steam Winter sale.

Sakuna of Rice and Ruin (Switch) - I heard amazing things about this and it just arrived in my mail about a week ago. I’m planning to start it once I knock out some of the games I’m currently playing.

Mary Skelter Nightmares (Switch) - It comes with Mary Skelter 2 (which I enjoyed a lot), and the devs recommend playing 2 first, but that took me 75 hours to finish so I’m taking a good break from this series for now.

Games I picked up in the BackCompat sale - Gunvalkyrie, Manhunt, both Timesplitters games.

Most games I’m playing right now fall into the 8-12 hour range, or I am almost done with them, so I’m not too worried about feeling overwhelmed right now… That being said, I probably shouldn’t be buying Dying Light 2 and Elden Ring next month, buuuut… I am :joy:.

5 Likes

I just finished Echo Generation on GPU and enjoyed it. It’s developed by an indie dev team near my hometown in Canada.

I’m playing Guardians of the Galaxy on Series X and am absolutely LOVING it. The soundtrack, writing and voice acting really pulled me in. I can see why it showed up on so many Game of the Year lists and discussions.

I’m also about halfway through Spider-Man Remastered on the PS5 after my console was returned about one week after sending it out for repairs. It’s great - hoping to finish it up before Forbidden West releases.

Halo Infinite is my go-to-always-in-the-rotation multiplayer game.

4 Likes

Hey everyone! I’m new here since I picked up a Series S over the weekend and I’m having a great time. I’m currently playing Forza Horizon 5 and this series is right up my alley. I think there’s a bit too much desert and I tend to not be a huge fan of desert settings in games, but the fact that I’m really enjoying despite that speaks a lot about the sheer quality of this game.

10 Likes