Weekly Halo Infinite Forge playtesting lobbies, submit your map, or find the perfect map for you

Ladies and gentlemen,

My name is Soz3r, few of you may remember me as iParanormal (iParaTV). The fact that Forge has dropped combined with my insatiable desire for more Halo Infinite content… we’re back in business and ready to rock and roll with WEEKLY FRIDAY NIGHT FEASTS. Below you will find all of the information you need about the Friday Night Feast. There will be a selection process for maps submitted as well as requirements to submit a map. You can find the information below on how to submit your map for the Friday Night Feast. Please let me know in this post if you have any questions.

FRIDAY NIGHT FEAST

Next feast date: November 18th 8pm EST

What is the Friday Night Feast?

The Friday Night Feast is a weekly tradition on my twitch channel Twitch. Every Friday I’ll make a post like this on Forgehub[.]com, Forgehub Discord, /r/Halo and /r/Forge to give an opportunity for anyone to submit their map for testing the following week. Anyone can submit a map to me via any of the above mentioned avenues by following the steps below for How to Submit a Map. Between the Friday when this post is made and the Friday when the submitted maps are tested, I will be creating content for the maps that have been selected and approved for feasting. I wish we could thoroughly test all maps for all players. See below for details about the approval requirements for the Friday Night Feast map submission process.

Friday Night Feast was a great time in the past. Some ask why it is called “Friday Night Feast” and that’s primarily due to how we’re quite literally feasting on Forge content during this time. Every week Forgers push the precipice of what is possible and what is capable in the Slipspace engine. During the Friday Night Feast we let those that have prepared these meals for us put it in front of our hungry faces and we DIG IN. This provides some real mmmhhyea feelings for sure, because these Friday night events give something for everyone to feast on.

How to Submit a Map for the Friday Night Feast:

Because I am collecting submissions from multiple sources, you MUST submit your map via the below Google Form: https://forms.gle/bVU2N7Hx2rpuEY8HA

On the form there are 9 questions. I will list the questions below for your convenience. However, do not answer these questions in this forum or on this post. Improper submissions will be ignored.

Questions:

1. What is your gamertag? [string]

2. What is the name of your map? [string]

3. What gametype should your map be played on? [string]

4. How many players does your map support? [string]

5. Have you previously tested your map AT ALL? [string]

6. Has the map file been made available for download on your fileshare? [yes/no]

7. Do you have any comments, descriptions, or remarks that you would like me to cover during the broadcast? [long string]

8. Do you agree that your map meets a median quality standard and is not a trolling, offensive, demeaning, or defacing in any way? [yes/no]

9. Please provide me with the best way to contact you if I should have any questions: (Discord preferred) [long string]

Once the form is submitted, your map will be in my que. Throughout the week I will be reviewing submissions and creating the content for the broadcast. You will not be notified or have any knowledge of maps that have been selected. Please do not request a status on if your map has been chosen. The only way to know if your map is selected is to either view the broadcast live on Twitch during the Friday Night Feast or catch the VOD that will be published the day following the feast.

What is the selection/approval process for maps submitted:

The approval and selection process for maps submitted for the Friday Night Feast are as follows:

• Prioritizing advanced Forge creations to provide a platform for viewers to also learn about new Forging techniques
  • Prioritizing maps further along the development pipeline
    • where feedback and testing is far more detailed and advanced
    • this usually means a more honed player experience
    • will result in a better viewer experience as well
  • Prioritizng experimental and unique ideas
    • we shouldn’t be so distracted by the popular and highly desired Grifball and Infection type games because there could be a new, innovative gametype like a very shiny object in our periphery, such as Flapjack Frenzy… sometimes you need to stop and smell the flowers even if you then realize a dog just pissed on it
  • Prioritizing 4v4 and 12v12 maps

What is Soz3r’s commitment to each Feast?

I solumnly vow to:

• prioritize spotlighting creative community creations
  • create an avenue for map makers to see their maps in the hands of players
  • create an avenue for viewers to see a vareity of maps and how to obtain them
  • create multimedia assets for each map selected for feasting
  • instill positivity back into Halo’s bloodstream
1 Like

1 Like