Wasteland fans, I'm reviewing Wasteland 3. Do you have anything in particular you're looking to have answered?

Hey folks, I’m neck deep into Wasteland 3 working to have our review ready for next week. As a relatively newcomer to the series I’d love for some fans of it to let me know the type of things you’d hope to see addressed in our review.

While I won’t be getting into spoilers or able to give any impressions before release I hope to get to each and every question you guys come up with as I start working on the review itself this weekend.

2 Likes

Did you play the Xcom games? How might you compare its tactical combat to something like that in term of learning curve or depth of tactics?

1 Like

Early on in their fig campaign, they talked about some really cool innovative co-op features, like being able to play sidequests alone when your partner isn’t even online, then choosing to share the rewards with them or not. And how keeping those secrets can drive wedges in your collective campaign, etc. But they haven’t talked about that stuff in a longggggg time. So I’m worried it’s all gone.

So basically, I wanna know all about how co-op works.

1 Like

Unfortunately we only received one code and I do not know any other reviewers working on the game so I’ve been unable to test out co-op so far. Sorry about that, I’ve read every interview I can find that talks about it so I can at least touch base on how it is implemented but it’ll only be from the devs perspective and not my own barring a change in luck.

I have! I was never huge into them because I rarely had a great gaming PC but since I got my new laptop I did go back and play through them so I’ll do my best to hit this comparison in the review.

As someone who has never played a wasteland game before, is it accessible?/easy to get into?

Or would I be missing out by not playing wasteland 1/2 prior?

3 Likes

How much banter and verbal interaction with the story elements and other NPCs do your party members have? The only weakness in Wasteland 2 for me was that the party members didn’t reacted to enough story beats.(I realize that a limited budget was probably a major reason for this.)

1 Like

How text heavy is the game and how much of it is voice acted? I think the 2nd game had alot of text so are you able to change the text size too?

1 Like

I might be wrong, but I actually heard the entire game got voice acting because of MS funding.

3 Likes

All I need to know without any spoilers is just how good the story is.

1 Like

Things I’m keen on:

-Do you need to know much about the first two games to enjoy this?

-Difficulty levels? QoL adjustments for people who don’t want an ultra challenger? Anything that promotes an easier, story-based playthrough is good in my book as the world looks great but I’m not terrific at tactics anymore.

-General length without side content. How much time will I be putting in or commuting?

Thanks, looking forward to the review.

2 Likes

Can you read the text when you play on a TV ?

2 Likes

I’d like to know if the cash injection from MS helped the game. Also, if you’re familiar with the Wasteland lore, is it a faithful sequel?

1 Like

Do characters still have a combat speed stat?, given that the combat order is no longer determined by speed, but rather all of your teams plays their turn, and then all enemies play theirs. Is there still a speed stat, and if so, what does it do?

How deep and customizable are the skill trees?

How deep and vast are the story choices? Does the player feel real consequence?

How many party members can we have per squad?

I believe all of it is voice acted. That was one of the benefits of MS funding, gave them more time and funds to fully voice all dialogue, which is a gigantic endeavour considering how text heavy this kind of games are. But maybe OP can confirm in their review.

1 Like

With games like Gears 5 and Last of us 2 we have seen a large improvement in regards to accessibility options. Does wasteland 3 continue that trend? How do the accessibility options compare to gears 5 and last of us 2?

1 Like

Seems that’s still in. This came out today.

3 Likes

I saw that in the other topic! I’m very, very happy!

1 Like

Not a Wasteland fan (like it in theory, need to play 3) but if you are playing on console, how is the port. WL2 was messy with a bad UI. WL Remastered was a nightmare that fit console controls about as well as playing Halo with an Atari 5200 controller.

Thank you for the questions guys, will try to hit everything I can.