Warhammer 40K: Darktide Delayed until at least December on Xbox (Releases November 30th on PC)

Originally published at: Warhammer 40K: Darktide Delayed until at least December on Xbox (Releases November 30th on PC) - XboxEra

Initially scheduled for mid-September, Warhammer 40K: Darktide has been delayed on Xbox and PC. The game will now release on November 30th on Windows but is delayed with the promise of “soon after” on Xbox consoles. It is releasing directly into Game Pass for both platforms and we will review it when it launches.

pic.twitter.com/KIVYkrCApT

— Warhammer 40K: Darktide (@Darktide40K) July 28, 2022

Warhammer 40K: Darktide’s PR description copied below:

REJECTS WILL RISE

Take back the city of Tertium from hordes of bloodthirsty foes in this intense and brutal action shooter.

Warhammer 40,000: Darktide is the new co-op focused experience from the award-winning team behind the Vermintide series.

YOUR CHARACTER, YOUR PLAYSTYLE

Create your own, unique character and customize their physical appearance, voice, and origin.

Choose your class to determine which unique traits and skill sets they will make use of in battle.

Will you be a seasoned veteran of the Imperial army, a snarky outsider, or a fiery zealot?

The choice is yours.

COMBAT EVOLVED

Built on the legacy of Vermintide 2’s best-in-class melee combat, Warhammer 40,000: Darktide introduces intense WH40K gunplay to the mix.

Master the balance between ranged and melee combat as you fight through a slew of enemies.

Feel the impact of each swipe, swing, and slice of a chainsword, or fry some flesh with a lasgun.

SAVE TERTIUM FROM RUIN

Step into the violent, dystopian world of Warhammer 40,000.

From boiling hot industrial factories to the decaying water maintenance zone afflicted by constant acid rainfall – Tertium Hive is a hard and unforgiving place even at the best of times.

Your role is to serve the zealous Inquisition by embarking on missions to exterminate the threats lurking in the depths of the hive city, or die trying.

OVERCOME UNPREDICTABLE CHALLENGES

Adapt to the erratic whims of Chaos with circumstances – mutators that add a spontaneous challenge to your mission.

Your team must learn to adjust, adopt new tactics and change up their loadouts to face these ruthless challenges.

2 Likes

I was about to complain about releasing on PC first but then I remembered even MS do that already, can’t complain about 3rd party doing it.

This year has been so unlucky for Xbox and Game Pass.

1 Like

Can see this moving into 2023, but…we will see.

Next year!

welp, not for me on pc! it’s annoying because I need to review it when it hits but then probably not know when console does

Definitely isn’t releasing on console this year. Horrible year for Xbox first party and now even game pass… this was the one game I was looking forward to.

not a bad game pass year, even with this one being delayed. As long as most of what is scheduled to already hits it’ll have been a damned good year for Game Pass.

1 Like

Yeah, that complicates things… Maybe do an updated review for the console release and push it a second time?

1 Like

We got PowerWash Simulator on Game Pass. GOTY so…

2 Likes

Didn’t expect this since previews were very positive and FatShark seemed to be on track for September. Oh well, if it gets delayed to 2023 for Xbox, we’ll go from a dead and empty 2022 to a packed and stacked 2023.