VRS, ML, Mesh Shading: Which game will be first to use it all?

I could see weather/fluid dynamics being a big part a la FlightSim. That stuff isn’t what the OP meant by ML tho (they presumably meant runtime use of ML, not done in the cloud or beforehand like Drivatars are). I’m guessing they might need to use ML super sampling if they target RT at 4k/60 as they claimed they are targeting. Would they really need mesh shaders though? To me, the poly counts in racing games are already so impressive as is it might not need it.

Then again, Turn10 is always trying to be on the cusp of new tech and are probably an important team for helping craft the dev tools in these areas behind the scenes.

Supposedly that indie war game will be making a point to use most of the new tech and seems like devs want to make name for themselves by being first to use it. Can’t recall name of it atm. It’s Xbox exclusive and might even be in early access already.

I’m sorry but this is obvious BS.

The biggest give away is testing on Lockhart hardware in 2018!

Testable Lockhart silicon didn’t exist until 2020.

•I also know a few things about future of gamepass… Xbox’s studios are internally quarrelling against the idea of A few high budget games to be put on gamepass. Don’t be surprised i some XGS games including Cerebrum Rift dont make it to gamepass day 1. Altho this is an internal debate and might get sorted out in gamepass’ favour

The whole thing is BS just based on this. Yeah, the thing that Xbox only talks about, including having Game Pass in bold for the Xbox wire post about the Zenimax purchase and saying they spent $7.5 billion to bolster its lineup, but apparently they are discussing whether or not to put games day 1 on the service :joy:. That decision was made way back in 2018.

2 Likes

Hellblade 2 probably.

It must be a heavy burden, knowing that people will now assume you have heard something to that effect and it must be true, ha ha.

1 Like