Video Game Market Analysis Thread

Eh, I would say they are decent PCs and passable gaming PCs with the extra benefit of being portable. My Ally is probably the single best electronics device I have ever purchased, but if my Series X wasn’t already my main gaming device, I don’t think I would be satisfied with it as my only gaming hardware.

I would consider a decent gaming PC as something that can, at the absolute minimum, outperform the top current gen consoles.

3 Likes

The Steam Deck has half the power of a Series S. So it all depends somewhat on your definition of a “decent gaming PC.”

It’s a great handheld and I love it. But it’s hardly a console replacement.

Decent gaming PC starts at Ryzen 7600X and RTX 4070 (imo) if we’re talking current PC parts in the mid range. PC gaming has gotten expensive though, still remember the days of 300$ high end cards, then 500$, then 1000$, and now 2000$ is becoming common sigh

The handhelds are nice though to be honest and I’ve been eyeing them although I’d rather have an Xbox branded one, but they fall short of the console experience and are more about convenience. It’s all matter of what you are looking for though I guess.

I mean it only has to render those games at 720p or 800p whatever the res is.

At that resolution is a decent gaming handheld.

Just dont expect to play latest AAA games without major downgrades. But thoae downgrades are fine on a small screen

If you hooked up that deck to a monitor and played at higher res youd stsrt to realise how weak the deck is

A decent gaming PC should be one that’s equivalent to the latest consoles, which isn’t 419€, but shouldn’t be much higher than 600€ at this point tbh

I have a Rysen 5600x and RTX 2070, I play on a Gsync 1080p monitor and I do not feel bad about it. Of ocurse, I bought it when they were new, but such config should be available quite easily now and makes your game run well most of the time.

The beauty of PC is that people can decide on their own what they want to pay for and for how long.

Also, increasing only some parts make the price smaller on the long term, but the first investment can be tough.

3 Likes

I tend to think that going big early is worth the investment, especially on the core parts like the CPU, mobo, RAM. I find that if I go all put on those I can easily make a PC last almost 2 console generations by then just changing the GPU. Of course you’ll start to feel it by the end on higher end games, but you’ll make the investment last much longer.

I bought a gaming PC around 2012, then I changed the video card a few years later, then pretty much everything since (mobo, Ram, CPU, GPU, SSD). Usually, Mobo+CPU+RAM goes together.

Best selling games for January, 2024

Most played games on XS

Most played games on PS5

1 Like

Hell Let Loose really got a new life from Xbox that not only it’s still in most played list, but it recently brought a roadmap. Good for them. That Palworld, hot damn.

January video game hardware spending fell 4% when compared to January 2023, to $378 million. Growth in Xbox Series hardware dollar sales was unable to offset declines across other platforms.

https://twitter.com/MatPiscatella/status/1761030083681419409

3 Likes

Those jumps for Hell Let Loose and Evil West lol

These top 10s really do show what mat has said, it’s all Fortnite, CoD, Minecraft, Roblox etc trying to disrupt them at this point is going to be a gargantuan task

2 Likes

Xbox trying to offset dip in dollars sales on other platforms?

1 Like

He’s saying the growth in Xbox hardware wasn’t enough to stop the overall market from having a decline bcause of the other platforms selling less

3 Likes

the dead rise again

https://x.com/MatPiscatella/status/1761032627484770554?s=20

PC handheld is rising. No wonder Xbox team is now going all in.

5 Likes

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.

4 Likes

Yeah. I am just shocked.

1 Like

https://x.com/chris_dring/status/1761093918500761620?s=46&t=jjXxOoE4yWMd4fG6_-MQMQ

1 Like