Video Game Market Analysis Thread

I mean in the context of pc performsnce…for some yes

Especially if its marketed with GTA6

Microsoft is in a unique position with GTA 6 release.

It is a great opportunity for them to trash Sony’s plans and gain some share in PC market.

Pay Take-2 $100-200M to bring GTA6 on Microsoft store day and date with console release.

PC community will praise MS for this.

Unfortunately it’s much more likely that Epic would try and do that - and gamers are so loyal to Steam they’ll often wait for the Steam release.

Many PC-centric comments sections / forums don’t seem to consider a game released on PC until it’s on Steam…

1 Like

So today we learnt that no

Of course. it is well known that KingDom Hearts is not available on pc for most people (it is on Epic store …)

1 Like

I thought you were gonna say Series S, take advantage of the fact that it will be the cheapest way to play GTA 6, I’d pay Rockstar to have a Series S bundle that’s aggressively priced ($199-250). Assuming Playstation doesn’t already have exclusive bundling rights or whatever :sweat_smile:

User acquisition is tough. Console will be a minimum 250$ purchase. Just for one game. It is better to meet players where they already are. GTA is a game which can push many players to purchase it on MS store on PC.

Interesting idea but I don’t think Rockstar says yes, unless it’s crazy money!

The more likely scenario is that the pc community will condemn MS for preventing a steam launch somehow.

3 Likes

Xbox hardware engineers told us that years ago at Hot Chips :woman_shrugging:

A decent gaming PC starts at 419€.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/dannyodwyer/status/1758181175301144950?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1758181175301144950|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=

2 Likes

If it means AA games are on the rise again I’m all here for it.

2 Likes

That hasnt worked for Square and Bandai though.

Matt Piscatella said something similar recently about surviving '24. This year is going to be fascinating to watch.

Square had the brilliant idea to release 4-5 of their AA games in a span 4 month with zero marketing.

Don’t know the situation with Bandai.

From what I understand Blue Protocol (JP launch) has flopped pretty bad, after being in development for over 5 years… Sad for me, the news has made me not want to play it anymore because I think it will be shut down soon like Gundam Evolution (also a big flop)

Just saw the financial report. It’s their own fault for releasing so many bad games and not putting out more games with one of their most popular IP Digimon.

The newest One Piece game is so boring why should anyone play it.

That’s too bad. Bamco got a track record of shutting down live games too, so I can sense that one won’t last long. Shame since they just have their record breaking Tekken 8 sales in sales rate at the same time.

Define decent. I personally don’t consider anything decent on the PC side without spending at least 1500$ CAD, and even then I feel bad about the specs as well as the quality of the parts having to go for cheap brands. I mean, 400 euros is pretty much the price for just a decent CPU or GPU.

Like the price you mention is about what I paid for a computer to my daughter that only had integrated graphics.

A Steam Deck is of course a decent gaming PC :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

As are Rog Ally and Legion Gos. Extra bonus is they are portable too.

1 Like